long post-- get reading glasses out

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
EagleKeeper

long post-- get reading glasses out

Post by EagleKeeper »

what ever is decided by the league administrators.... is what i will stick to..... but, I do think the "championship (top ten) shootout" could make the season a bit more exciting. of course.... this could cause someone who has missed 4 or more races to be back in the hunt. But, it could also keep the interest level in league events high. high interest level = 15-18 drivers showing up each week for the entire season... attendance levels make for better racing. here is an example of how the "shootout" could help: If there were 14 races left in the season, and I was 11th-17th in points... I would want to make every event to compete for that top ten spot (10th position). even if my buddy was throwing a party... I would want to attend and compete in the race so I could advance to the championship round instead of going to that party. But.... if I were 11th-17th in points with 14 races left..... and I didn't have a shot at the championship.... I would probably go to the party and skip the race. anyone catch my drift here? another thing I noticed about past champions is their attendance records. actually, the top 5 drivers from past seasons were the drivers that made almost all the races. I don't want to take anything away from them.... but, a lot of us won't be able to make every race. finding a sub driver doesn't always work. there are the times when "last minute" things pop up (ie: (1)military deployments-for some of us, (2)wife or girl friend goes crazy and demands you spend the night with them, (3)get drunk early in the day and pass out b4 race, etc) the bottom line here is this--- "everyone wants to win, everyone wants to race, everyone wants to have high attendance levels, everyone wants to be at every event.... but not everyone can make each and every event". The "shootout" for the top ten drivers will make this season the best season ever. I'll end this book with one last thought/example. Now, I'm not sure how much racing you all watch on TV..... but as far as championship racing goes..... last year the Busch Series and Craftsman Truck Series were extremely exciting to watch on TV. the points chase for both of these series were so close.... that it was exciting to watch. The Winston Cup Series, on the other hand, was boring. Matt Kenseth had such a large lead that most people didn't even watch it for the excitement of the championship. this NHRL league can be just as exciting as the Busch and Craftsman Truck Series' were on TV last year!!! Wouldn't it be awesome to have 5-7 drivers, all with-in 100 points, battling it out for the Championship in the final race???
HEEEE-HAAAAW!!! THAT WOULD BE SOME FUN SH!T
Eagle:ezboardsmoking:
P.S. everyone please download my new car:ezboardwink:
EagleKeeper

oops>>>

Post by EagleKeeper »

:ezboardembarassed: oops, i meant to attach the above post as a reply to the Topic titled "Yellow Flags and Points System" if what you read confuses you..... read the Yellow flags and points topic first. lol:ezboardlaugh:
EagleKeeper

correction>>>

Post by EagleKeeper »

i mean..... "yellow flags and PLAYOFF system":ezboardembarassed:
efgordon

Re: correction>>>

Post by efgordon »

"finding a sub doesent always work" ? well i does when its you, he ha! gr last week, i had to take a double take when i saw the 42 fly past me, when i thought kyle was a no-show. so do us a favor and spread the wealth and sub for some of the guys in the back too. he he he j/k. gr last week
CR49

Re: long post-- get reading glasses out

Post by CR49 »

You know Eagle I dont ever recall a post of yours not being long LOL.