daytona 2005

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
doZer2442

re

Post by doZer2442 »

Also testing at Daytona this week was NHRL Rookie doZer24... The #24 Diet Pepsi Twist Monte Carlo came home with a smokin' 45.738 best lap... This rookie just may be a force to be reckoned with at the 2005 Daytona 500
kyle4445

daytona 2005

Post by kyle4445 »

the crew and i stopped by daytona on our way back from miami for a scheduled test session ...and surprise surprise we brought a brand new car never in the wind tunnel yet ...and boy it was fast off the truck and turned a blistering lap of 45.566 ...this mello yello dodge is looking to shatter the track record in 05

BBFF member

Edited by: kyle4445 at: 11/21/04 10:04 pm
rookiesrock8

Re: re

Post by rookiesrock8 »

I finished 11th in daytona's 1st race in 2004 and am hoping to improve from that.

BBFF member
EagleKeeper

looking for a team-mate

Post by EagleKeeper »

hey.... I know it's early.... but, I'm looking for a Daytona and Talladega teammate or two or three. The superspeedways have always been races that I finish bad at.... mainly because i find myself exiting the pits without drafting help. I need a few race buds to agree to join "Eagle Racing" for the superspeedway events. ones that will want to practice everything from drafting, entering pits and exiting pits together. a fast set is important... but we all know that a 3-4 car draft is the way to get around these places. Any takers? I'd even be willing to paint all team members similar cars for the events. (kind of like COKE did for the pepsi 400 this last season) it was cool to see all those coke C2 cars out there. I'm not saying it would be coke cars.... just similar cars and schemes. It would be sweet to see a draft pack of 3-4 cars all with similar paints teaming up and taking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
lol, Eagle

Edited by: EagleKeeper at: 11/23/04 1:52 am
Burner67

Re: daytona 2005

Post by Burner67 »

i would consider that eagle but im not going to drive a ford
EagleKeeper

Post by EagleKeeper »

burner.... it doesn't have to be a ford..... don't care what make the cars are.... just want drafting and pitting team-mates. heck..... we don't even have to run similar paints.... i just thought it would be kind of cool. but if we decide to run similar paints after all..... i will paint ya a chevy, or ford, or dodge, or even a pontiac... lol
rookiesrock8

Post by rookiesrock8 »

Even the best laid out plans have very large holes in them. Pitting and drafting together doesn't take extra collaboration. It's the exiting of pit road. If you leave pit road in front of your bud and he's alone then you'll have to slow down to get regrouped. That is where teammates come in. But sometimes they might be too far ahead to even consider it. Many times we see drivers typing "wait up" or "help". I personally have slowed to gather up a few drivers and sometimes I have ignored the request. Sometimes it depends on the driver whose asking. Is it the last stop? Am I leading? Will he possibly take me out (accidentally of course)? Can I run alone fast enough to stay up front? Or has he broken his loyalty earlier in the race? For instance one particular driver and I were passing for the lead on the outside and once he cleared the low driver he left me hanging outside instead of waiting for me to clear. Needless to say I didn't look for help from him again in that race. I really enjoy the restrictor plate tracks. Most memorable was the last Tally Cup I subbed in. Went from 16 to 1st. Didn't have any problems with any drivers. All were great. I had to draft with basically every driver in the field. We're all teammate's in my eyes. Some drivers like to lead and some like to follow. Knowing which is which is why there's practice.

BBFF member
EagleKeeper

draft or die!!! lol!

Post by EagleKeeper »

i personally like to follow. and... i agree with what you were saying earlier rookie, about waiting up for your draft bud leaving the pits. but.... i have been left behind a few times.... and even if a person is 6-8 seconds back... still waiting for the 2-3 car draft is worth it i think. the draft will make that time up as well as catch other single cars that will join the draft and make it stronger. but..... you're probably right... ya can't depend on a team mate... unless every thing goes just right.
rookiesrock8

Re: draft or die!!! lol!

Post by rookiesrock8 »

If your ahead of me Eagle, I would greatly appreciate you waiting up for me. I can guarantee I will draft with you bud. I don't mean to clip your wings dude. I'll be your partner Eagle.

BBFF member
kyle4445

Re: re

Post by kyle4445 »

wrapped up testing this week down to a 45.552 hope this mello yello dodge can find a lil more speed before speedweek 2005

kyle
BBFF member

rookiesrock8

Sharing

Post by rookiesrock8 »

I want to know when your gonna share Kyle?

BBFF member
kyle4445

Re: Sharing

Post by kyle4445 »

if you ,and your crew chief would get up in the am hours and make it to the team meetings you would have all the info you need maybe you could make it before speed week
doZer2442

Re: Sharing

Post by doZer2442 »

Well, today was a pretty good test day for the 24 Diet Pepsi Twist Monte Carlo...We was runnin 45.5's all day, comin off the day with a fast time of 45.547... Lap 47 though was tryin to get a drink of the sponsor to wet my whislte and caught the apron and spun around on that start/finish line.... So were gunna send her (the car) to the garage based in mid-Connecticut and get-r fixed up ... the whole FastLane Motorsports team looks forward to Daytona 05 ... espesially seein if we can't get us a win, or maybe get some, what is it, mello-yellow on our doors?