I gambled and bought it...

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
EagleKeeper

I gambled and bought it...

Post by EagleKeeper »

I just ordered the new PC racing game by EA sports called "NASCAR Sim Racing"! It doesn't get released until Feb 15th.... but I pre-ordered it through gamespot.com for 39 bucks and free shipping. I've read all about it and it sounds pretty sweet. I'll let you all know how it looks and drives as soon as i get it. I'll also be tweeking setups and getting a head start on you all......... LOL LOL LOL
Eagle
bover907

Re: I gambled and bought it...

Post by bover907 »

Way to take one for the team. LOL!

I'd be very interested to know how that turns out. I bought EA's Nascar thunder 03 and 04 when they came out. As bad as their multiplayer code was, it was cool to have practice in the online race sessions. where you could go in and out of the garage all you wanted in an online practice session. Just like the 'real guys' do! There were a lot of other bugs though, and that is what made me try heat.
EagleKeeper

Re: I gambled and bought it...

Post by EagleKeeper »

yeah..... I know what ya mean..... and that is why this is a gamble. I too bought EA's "Nascar Thunder 2003" and I thought it totally sucked. I also bought Sierra's "Nascar Racing 2002" a few years ago, and I had all kinds of issues with that game (mainly graphics issues because my PC was wimpy back then and I couldn't race it on-line ... cuz i was on 56k back then too).
But..... this new game was created by both EA Sports and some of the creators of Sierra's "Nascar Racing" series. So the graphics should be better than "Thunder". I also read many other cool things about this game. For example.... They actually digitally recorded real Nextel Cup car Eagines for the eng sound. they even put in the transmition whine. It says that the game has the capabitlity to race 43 online racers (we'll see about that though). lots of other cool stuff too...... I'm just to lazy to type it all out.
bover907

I downloaded the Demo.

Post by bover907 »

It sounds really realistic. Even on my crappy onboard sound. (I had to take my sb out of the computer to rectify a ventrilo issue a couple months back)

I also had to dumb the graphics way down, because I am only running a 64MB Nvidia Gforce 2.

Man, I can't wait to get my new PC! Soon, Very soon!!!!!

But the driving was great. It sounded neat, and felt good. I was struggling a bit. (came with Kansas, and Indy) I tried Kansas, which I am not that familiar with. A lot of garage tweaks and stuff.

You should download the demo Eagle, so we can see how it works on line.
EagleKeeper

demo

Post by EagleKeeper »

i thought about downloading the demo..... but it was a big file and i decided to just wait. I got an email from GameSpot that said the game will be shipped to me on the 14th (just five days away). So.... i hope to have it by the 17th.
bover907

Re: demo

Post by bover907 »

Well, Eagle's the guinea pig. LOL

Nah, just let me know what you think after you get it.