OVER AGGRESSIVE DRIVING

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Skoty Speed

OVER AGGRESSIVE DRIVING

Post by Skoty Speed »

This is directed to ALL NHRL drivers.

OK guys, here's the deal. We are not liking what we are seeing as far as OVER aggressive driving. Especially at the start/restart of races. This is a direct violation of the NHRL rules and will NOT be tolerated.

I refer to the rules page......

4. Drivers can be penalized for aggressive moves at the start of a race. We want to avoid the situation where a driver makes a bad decision trying to gain positions early and then asks for a restart when the aggression results in a crash. A race restart is not to be used as a "crutch" for seeing how many positions one can initially gain. We run long league races, not sprint races. If you go easy early, you are better off in the long run.

At the start of every race we tell you guys to GO EASY . This is NOT a suggestion, this is a rule that WILL be followed. Right now we are giving out points penalties for violating this rule. If we continue to have problems with this issue, we will start using suspensions. If this rule seems unreasonable, or you don't think you can abide by it, then we suggest you look for another league.

The NHRL administrators
Ramrock41

Re:OVER AGGRESSIVE DRIVING

Post by Ramrock41 »

Well,..I hope the start of this next race gos better,..just stay in line and hold your line,...and be ready to lift,..because from 3rd to 5th on back its going to whiplash,..like a ripple in the water,.especialy if somone taps thair brakes to keep from hitting the car in front of them.
d3efan

Re: Re:OVER AGGRESSIVE DRIVING

Post by d3efan »

Well said! Maintain your position as closely as possible until a smooth start has been achieved. And not just on starts/restarts either.The Daytona truck race (derby at times) was marred by some nut who sailed up through the middle of the pack going into turn 3, forcing me onto the apron then (as expected, sigh) pushed up and took out the "Racing for Jesus" truck (a plug there for Joesparky). I bet he was pissed. Overall, for the large fields and lotsa newbies I think the racing has been great.
fatfreddy17

Re: Re:OVER AGGRESSIVE DRIVING

Post by fatfreddy17 »

Passing as many cars as you can in lap 1 is a no no !