Bud Shoot-Out!!

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
EagleKeeper

Bud Shoot-Out!!

Post by EagleKeeper »

just 11 more days until the NHRL Bud Shoot Out!!!

sooo.... get your custom paints done and to the league soon.

because.... i don't want to see a bunch of red cars in my rear view mirror
<<< EK
all others >>>

cya there!!!

will teams have an advantage?

who woll wreck on lap 3?

will there be angry people?

will TommyW win???

Can Eagle pull one off?

will AlaRedBone show up?

will someone crush their computer?

Who will be slow?

who will be fast?

we will all see soon.... as the excitement and drama of NHRL's 2006 Season kicks off!!!!!!!!

The Eagle.... will be ready... with Club in hand... looking for the Seals.

Edited by: EagleKeeper at: 1/31/06 1:27 pm
Ramrock47

Re: Bud Shoot-Out!!

Post by Ramrock47 »

LOL,..thats funny EK : luesmilegrin We at TTR will be looking for Red sashes ,.lol or or luesmilegrin luesmilegrin You bring down the thunder and Hells comin with us!! Ya hear!! Hells comin with us!!

Edited by: Ramrock47 at: 1/31/06 10:50 pm
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Should be a fun race!!
fatfreddy17

Post by fatfreddy17 »

I got your seal swingin' between my legs, come get you some
rookiesrock8

Now renamed daytona qualifyer!!

Post by rookiesrock8 »

Did you know that this race dictates your starting position for the season Daytona opener? In cup only of course. Although I hear that the front row will be the same front row from the shootout. And so it goes without saying it will be a single file start. This could be interesting.
doZer2442

rw

Post by doZer2442 »

the adrenaline's pumpin already... oh wait.. no i just have to pee
Ramrock47

Re: rw

Post by Ramrock47 »

LMAO at freddy and doZer,.. ..that was good,..
EagleKeeper

Re:

Post by EagleKeeper »

really? hey Rookie.... the "shoot-out" will determine the starting line-up for the Daytona race in NHRL?
man..... this could really suck for the peeps that miss the shoot out. heck.... I might even miss it (if I find a hot date).

how about this idea....... >>>>>
if a bunch of peeps miss it... could we make a rule.... that the top 10 from 2005 in points are guarenteed a starting spot @ Daytona?

oh..... btw....... funny "seal" joke Fred
EK

Edited by: EagleKeeper at: 2/1/06 11:46 pm
rookiesrock8

Re:

Post by rookiesrock8 »

If I understood Lepage correctly, the pole for the shootout will retain the pole for the NHRL CUP season opener in Daytona and possibly the #2 spot also will retain that starting spot. Everyone else's starting spot will be determined by where they finish in the shootout. And you know it doesnt really matter where you start at a plate track. I think it's just a way for Lepage to start near the front lol. But he never finishes well at plate tracks so I don't think this spin on qualifying will help him.
EagleKeeper

Re:

Post by EagleKeeper »

but there is an advantage to starting toward the front.
and i'll spill the beans on this one.... cuz i'm cool like that... lol
but, if ya have a starting spot in the top 7... you can win with a "fuel set-up". I've done it once b4. if i qualify in the top 7..... i will be running a fuel setup.... because the top 3-5 drivers will more than likely be running a speed setup.... and a "fuel set" driver can suck off the draft of the speed boys for about 18-20 laps (pit one less times and win).
but this will only be successful if you are able to get in a position to get pulled around the track.
if ya start 8th or further back.... the chances of being successful with running a fuel setup fall off dramatically.

for most of the cup races..... I have two tested setups (one fuel and one speed). I always choose which strategy to go with after qualifying.
either way we determine the starting grid for Daytona.... expect to see the #29 Dodge near the front at the end.
The Eagle has made massive improvements in his restrictor plate racing in the past year.
efgordon

Re: Fuel Gears

Post by efgordon »

Save your putter for the 2nd daytona and the degas

fast cars and flawless pitting is the answer in the opener

ha

oh yea, and a little luck
bover907

Re: Luck

Post by bover907 »

Well, I never have luck at plate tracks. I've either got knocked out or screwed my self out of the top 3 several times. All I know is i can't stand plate racin. 90% of your fate is in other driver's hands.

Bover907
--------------------
TTR
fatfreddy17

Re: Luck

Post by fatfreddy17 »

fred + plate tracks = NFG!!