Ventrillo help

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
efgordon
League Member

Ventrillo help

Post by efgordon »

Can someone post instructions on how to block hearing those microsoft sam binds from guys who are not even in the same channel?

I was in the verbal liberties errrrrr shack of poor sportsmanship channel yesterday and a couple of the full throttle guys came in and were appearently testing all their cute sayings. It was impossible to concentrate while that was going on.

Dont get me wrong, i dont care about foul language or lame attempts at comedy, lord knows i am an expert at that, but i would just not like to hear it constantly without being able to get in a word myself. the word i was looking for yesterday was "stfu" ha ha.

is there any chance the admins could add a channel for "nhrl practice" that would be immune to that stuff? perhaps password protected for only those who are planning on racing in nhrl? again, dont get me wrong, i dont have anything against any other league and i would support them all if i could, but i just dont have the time.

thanks in advance
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

It was frustrating as hell yesterday... It's hard enough trying to find time too practice with a busy schedule.. How about a lesson on all this vent stuff, cuz I know jack shit about ventrillo, cuz I hardly ever use it.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Here's ur quick tutorial EF. To turn off bindings, Open vent and click on setup on the right side. Click on the binds tab. Uncheck "play binds sent by other user's". Click on the misc tab and check "silent connections when in channel" and there you go...I toggle back and forth on these settings depending on race or practice. Hope it helps EFer. :?
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Thank you Rookie!!!
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Rookiesrock wrote:Here's ur quick tutorial EF. To turn off bindings, Open vent and click on setup on the right side. Click on the binds tab. Uncheck "play binds sent by other user's". Click on the misc tab and check "silent connections when in channel" and there you go...I toggle back and forth on these settings depending on race or practice. Hope it helps EFer. :?
if i do that, it will block all users binds? so there is no way to block some and not others?

if thats what i have to do, then so be it, but i dont think i have ever heard anything from lepage except his binds, so i wont ever hear him again. haha

i dont want to see one bad day ruin all the fun (for me) all the time. i guess i could always just turn them off during days like yesterday, then back on again when needed. yea, thats the ticket

thanks
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

you can mute individula users but im not sure if that will turn their binds off as well.

maybe we should go in the full throttle channel and test our binds
2Quick4u
Forum Member

Post by 2Quick4u »

Who from the FTM ventrilo was over there doing that? I am curious. I will take care of the matter if somebody lets me know who it was. Either in this post or a PM. Sorry for problems caused guys.
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

Just for the record, you can't hear the binds of users in other channels. The reason you heard all that stuff was from a few people coming in and connecting. All you heard was, "xxxxxxx has connected", and "xxxxxxx has left the server." Those can be muted, but don't get them confused with binds (what lepage uses in place of speech).

Take care,
Steve
Steve aka Etab
HBMan23
Forum Member

Post by HBMan23 »

Come to find out, our vent went down yesterday and so I guess the guys decided to hop over to NHRL until ours came back up. Sorry for the inconvienence guys...
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Etab wrote:Just for the record, you can't hear the binds of users in other channels. The reason you heard all that stuff was from a few people coming in and connecting. All you heard was, "xxxxxxx has connected", and "xxxxxxx has left the server." Those can be muted, but don't get them confused with binds (what lepage uses in place of speech).

Take care,
Steve
Yes I learned all about binds yesterday.. So all the noise was how they connected to vent.. Thanks for clearing that all up. Glad to hear your own vent now works again...
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

If all that stuff was simply connecting and disconnecting, then some of those guys have some really strange names. I clearely heard microsoft sam "statements" too. some colorfull stuff, if you know what i mean.

I think someones button got jammed at one point because it was like a 5-10 seconds straight of "DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DOZER SOMETHINGOROTHER HAS JOINED THE CHANNEL"

I hope you guys dont think i am complaining or upset about this more than i would just like to know how to use stupid ventrillo. I have nothing against any of the names i heard, i was just simply trying to get some practice in with dave where "communication" between us was key and not possible. I will eventually get up to speed with 21st century technology and wont have to ask such dumb questions like this.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

and why was dozer logged in to vent 6 times?
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

2Quick4u wrote:Who from the FTM ventrilo was over there doing that? I am curious. I will take care of the matter if somebody lets me know who it was. Either in this post or a PM. Sorry for problems caused guys.
no problem, i am sure it wasent intentional.