Darlington soap box time

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Reef
League Member

Darlington soap box time

Post by Reef »

ok, I dont usually get worked up to the point of posting in the forums but im pissed.

1st off, Jrathbun you were a complete danger to the other drivers tonight, many asked u to park it, and u did not. If u cannot control ur car, then please dont race.

2nd, entirely too much talking on ventrillo. if you notice, most talk to the point of "can i get by and pass low or high" I in fact do try to concentrate when i race, and i actually counted tonight, 8 quiet laps from u. We dont need lap by lap comentary from anyone.

Next, I'm gettin tired of bein run over by drivers that dont adapt to others driving lines (p_parody, actlabs) among others. I worked pretty dam hard to get my car where it was and got clobbered from behind. Not appreciated.

The replay will be reviewed
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

your avatar is being reviewed at the moment also reef
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

she likes it
Jes Rathbun
League Member

you r are right

Post by Jes Rathbun »

i did mess up i should have parked it but i need to o finish the race i am at fault by far byyyyyyyyyyyyfar an will exept the punihment of the admin but my driving was crap and i am sorry please dont take my clearence to race i will be better next time
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

that old saying "you have to first finish to finish first" is for guys who ARE up to speed but get themselfs into bad situations by not knowing when to take it easy at certain points in the race. PParady on the starts is a fine example. that saying is not for people many many laps down with no chance of passing anyone. the more sensible line for your situation was "you gotta know when to holdem and know when to foldem".

you were not even close jessie. you "finishing" that race at that speed serves no purpose to anyone, includig yourself. nascar even has rules that prevent drivers from using a race as an extended practice. its like 95% of the pole speed or something. i dont know what the exact formula is, but i doubt you woulda been allowed to run 30+ sec laps at best while the rest of the feild is in the 28.somethings.

nobody wants to hear "but i swear i had a good car" during the race. save that for afterwards and with all the smart racers in this league, i garuntee someone could diagnose your problem.

and i hate to sound like a hyefcryte here, because lord knows occationally i get carried away and talk to much, but DAYUM MAN! you talk non stop. i think i sleept an hour longer last night just because of the friggin headache i got from the constant talking. how many other people wanted to jump in for their 1 or 2 sec "go low" or "i see you" NEEDED chats but COULDENT because you were cloggin up the airwaves? this is why people cant call 911 and chat all day to abuse the system. it prevents people communicating about REAL EMERGENCIES.

at one point in the race, i could see way down the track and saw you going from the absolute bottom where nobody runs, under the groove and drive straight to the top of the track and hit the wall in the friggin turn and you were talking the whole friggin time. that was just rediculas dude. you should not be comming up from the bottom before the turns. if anything, just after the turn so you can get your car up to speed before the next turn.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

shoot

Post by Jes Rathbun »

well here it is the next day after my great disaster I am sorry for the shit i caused . This will NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN i should have taken the advise of everyone and parked it but i just couldnt bring myself to just QUIT i love racing like everyone else everyone has a bad day ,maybe mine should have been alone, i understand and i know the rules one thing i am sure of is i have to " SHUT THE F$%K UP AND DRIVE DICK" I did have a good car but i also had a little too much to drink with no food not makeing excuses just admitting fault i didnt mean to be a danger to everyone :sad: and it is or never has been my intention to wreck indanger or cause any points leaders loose spots.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

oooops

Post by Jes Rathbun »

just looked at my setup i DID NOT have the right setup i was working on for 1500 hours (about 5 hours a day for 30 days) your not the only one who practices on the tracks (you know who you are) i work hard on my sets too i am pissed at myself more than anyone knows i beat myself and really was in the way but not really wrecking anyone (but kyle i think)
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

well jess i guess what pissed me off the most was you were all over the track, when Ef myself and Reef went by. And believe me i was very nervous in fact Ef let me go first by you to see what was going to happen thats how bad it was...and after a couple of times passing you and hearing people tell you to park it then i finally said park it ..you were out of control..you finally suceeded and clogged the track with me comming full bore thru the turn wandering which way you would finally go and with the lil experience i have i chose the wrong way, because suddenly you were there ...like a pinball you know where you want it to go but altimitly it will go where it shouldn't ...we all know once you have frontend damage they never fix all of the spoiler damage and it never runs the same again and thats what happened ... ty i am climbing down now :grin:
Kyle
actlabs11
League Member

Post by actlabs11 »

Reef, I only got into you once all race, and that was on lap 22 going into turn 1. I only got into ya, because for some reason you slowed down dramatically, and I had no chance to avoid ya. If I go low, I spin out, if I go high, I hit that blue car that was running around slow all night. I know you were pitting, but by the time you said you were I was already on top of ya with no where to go. I finished 19th hear last year, god knows how many laps down I was, but the next week I bounced back with a good finish. You finished 9th, hell that was better than my average finish in cup last year, so whatever man. You have talent on the track, don't start getting a hot head on yeah, or more bad races will follow, that was last race already, so focus on the next race instead of living in the past.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

WOW!! :shock:
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

:argh :hothead: :nono :clubber
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

like sands in an hour glass, these are the days of our lives
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

ah yes, here's the lively commentary. great scotts man, the wrong setup AND too much to drink lol. i feel your pain, as well as others. good win ef. you're gonna have to slow that stuff down some or run away with the championship. i'm gunnin for ya though.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

d3efan wrote:ah yes, here's the lively commentary. great scotts man, the wrong setup AND too much to drink lol. i feel your pain, as well as others. good win ef. you're gonna have to slow that stuff down some or run away with the championship. i'm gunnin for ya though.
Unfortunatly you have to makeup for me the other night now.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

not to worry cr49, it was a good finish. it would have been much lower. and you got to race again which i was glad to see. see you guys after vacation. i kinda like this not working thing. michigan has a lottery and you can be sure i'm playing it! lol