Good ol' fashioned server

Schedule testing and tweaking sessions for upcoming league races.
Reef
League Member

Good ol' fashioned server

Post by Reef »

Puttin up my server for some good ol' fashion winner pix racin, IRF style.
IP is 76.179.194.178
BrysonSS
Forum Member

Re: Good ol' fashioned server

Post by BrysonSS »

hey i got kicked? let me back on reef, i had to answer the door my mom is in town
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

i may come on after the cup race tonight, i'll check on ventrilo anyways.

p.s. I own Atlanta :wink:
BrysonSS
Forum Member

Post by BrysonSS »

ok can someone send me some info on ventrillo or is that only for people in the series
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I'd really hate to sound rude, but the answer to every question you've asked over multiple threads, can be answered by just simply browsing the web site, using the links (red buttons) on the main page to read everything. Clicking on the Schedule link will show you the complete schedule. There is also a ventrilo server button that looks just like a ventrilo icon, that automatically puts you onto the ventrilo server.

>>>>>>>>>>[url=ventrilo://flash24.nrgservers.net:3506/servername=NHRL/SCCA&serverpassword=nhrl2006]Image[/url]<<<<<<<<

I just can't understand where all the mystery lies.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

apologize for not showing up last night if anyone else did. got tired and have to get ready for the 5 AM shift this coming week...hate it.
BrysonSS
Forum Member

Post by BrysonSS »

ok the mysterys lie in when i click on the ventrillio link i get a cannot find server page. oh and every time i try and test no one emails me or gives me a time when i can, um no one helps the just think i should already know. so maybe thats where it lies, i have tried very many times and hey? no luck, so maybe someone can add me on msn bryson_hall99@hotmail.com or aim BrysonCHall or on yahoo brysonhall. ok so yeah if someone would like to help ''The Rookie'' and solve ''Mysterys''' for me that would be awesome :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

ok, heres your answer. From what I saw the other night in my server, you need a bit more online time before I'd give you a "yes". Like I told you the other night, we look for awareness and control, not so much a fast blistering lap.

At the moment, we are having issues with the ventrillo server and the race server, as Lepage is not at home to deal with it. When I am available, I will post here in the forums that my server is up.

As for you not getting any replies in ur email, we are currently in the process of switching over web sites and servers. It is and will be a long process, please be patient.

Just a piece of friendly advice tho, Being as pushy as you are isnt making any brownie points. We are working on getting things up and going before the next race, all should be back to normal shortly
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Ok, in all fairness, maybe these things are spotty up and down, and just that every time I check them, they're up. I do know that I tested every link while previewing my post before I posted it, to make sure all the links were still the 'working links'.

As far as what reef said, Coming from a league 'layperson' (That means someone who doesn't run the show) I can reaffirm that pushyness or cockyness will get a person nowhere. Being patient and respectful, will go miles and miles. Remember people, (and hopefully I am not overstepping my bounds here) this is an invititation only league, meaning that until a person is accepted by the admins, the league owes you absolutely nothing.

P.S. The above can be recinded if any admin feels necessary.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
BrysonSS
Forum Member

Post by BrysonSS »

bove ryou are right it is just frushstrating, i dont exactly undrstand the procedures to what makes your show go on the road, im not that great on the track i know but im trying to hit my marks and do the best i can to control and get the car to the parts of the track so i can run a fast lap. ill be more patient and ill check the boards for more practice times, i am not cocky but i do wanna start running leauge events as soon as my talent has risen. sorry about my pushy manor
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

NP man. Best medicine for you now is laps laps laps.... Don't wory about how 'slow' you are. A smooth line, and being able to let a car by, or for that matter, pass a slower car yourself while keeping a smooth line and keeping in control is what REALLY matters. When I first started, I filled out the form, then I waited for the admins to get back to me and give me my shot.

When I ran my first race, I was pretty slow. actually my first 10 starts or so, were all slow. (I started with 10 to go in the season). But, (and this is a big but...) I earned trust by running smooth lines, and people knew that they didn't have to be afraid to pass me, because they knew I could keep the car under control. That earned me enough trust that people started helping me out with setups, pointers, and then I even got invited to join a team or two... That's it. bud.

So, show up for practice sessions, and keep running offline with the AI. I know it sounds boring, but if you start with the AI at like 95% or whatever it takes for you to keep pace with them, then work yourself thru the fields of AI cars in offline races, you get up front, then let them by and do it again. Before too too long, you'll have the AI up to 100, then 105%, and you'll be running smoother all the while, and you will get ur shot.......

Keep at it dude.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
BrysonSS
Forum Member

Post by BrysonSS »

when will the next practice session be?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

We don't actually have like... "official practice sessions". What usually happens is (especially in off weeks) a lot of times on friday and saturday nights, people will pop into the board, and post that they'd like to run, also people just hop in ventrilo, and then get together.

Also, on race nights, people usually start showing up and running like an hour or two before race time. That's the perfect time to get noticed by admins and such, and also to feel out running with other live drivers. The leauge usually has no problem letting prospective league newbies practice up until race time, provided you use good ediquette. That's the perfect test session. If you're receptive at this point, you'll even get good pointers from the other drivers.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

ur awful chatty bov