C'mon already

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
bover907
League Administrator

C'mon already

Post by bover907 »

This comes from the NHRL rules page.
2. Slow or damaged cars should move aside in order to let others pass. Please do not drive in unpredictable paths in the middle racing groove. This is confusing to drivers coming from behind and sends mixed messages about passing options.
Just thought I'd bring that up. If you lack the skills necessary to run high on straights, then low in the corners then exit high on the straight again(which is the way everyone in the world drives ovals), or lack the skills necessary to enter a corner high and stay there. Then what are you doing racing?

I am not talking about anyone who debuted last night or even in the last month or two....

If the shoe fits, wear it. :roll:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Reef
League Member

Re: C'mon already

Post by Reef »

Drivers about to go a lap down, or are already one or more laps down should not block or race the cars attempting to lap them to the point of creating danger on the track. It is up to the passing car to make a clean safe pass. If a lapped car does block a lead lap car, then the lapped car may be penalized. WHILE THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR A SAFE PASS RESTS WITH THE OVERTAKING CAR, let people lapping you pass by holding your line and speed. If the passing car is inside you, slowly lift off the gas and allow them to complete the pass. Do not contest the pass going into the corner. Or you can move to the low side after exiting a corner. However, do make sure that you do this smoothly. DO NOT SLOW DRASTICALLY! DO NOT CHANGE LINES ABRUPTLY.
Petty43
League Member

Re: C'mon already

Post by Petty43 »

My night at Michigan. By Petty43.
The night started great in the 4th starting spot. It was not the spot I wanted...outside. I got hung up on the outside it was dicey so i slowly drifted back. Worked my way up to about 6th or 7th. The "Pits" came. I locked up the brakes hitting the inside of pit row. Rolling backwards down pit road, swing it around i can't believe i didn't hit reef or bover or anybody. Whew...then i locked up my brakes again to get to my pit. Exited last who pitted that stop. Thought i'd short pit to try to make up some ground, which i did. Then i ran out of gas out of turn two...when pitting i was slow but running a decent speed down pit road, while looking in my mirror i saw donaldson coming looking in my mirror at him to see where he's going not paying attention to my pit road speed, i recieved the lovely black flag. I pretty much knew then my night was over for the finish i wanted. I kept on charging. A driver "who shall go nameless" (maybe i'll tell you L8er)stopped in the middle of the straight? Caused a big wreck. 3 cars and themself. I was driving around with no hood on so that's what my guys back at the race shop have to deal with when the trailor arrives. Lol. All and all the most important thing was is that through all the problems and not being upfront which really sucks, is that I had a great time. That's why i like the drivers here, some need to get more practice in before just jumping into the race. It's a great group of racers, and it's a blast to race each and everyone of you.
In Best Regards,
Petty43