Short CTS Series Configuration

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

Short CTS Series Configuration

Post by lepage71 »

After reading through the comments and suggestions in http://www.nhrl.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8268, Reef and I have created a tentative configuration for a CTS Series. However, if the league is going to host a short series, we require a decent-sized roster (15-20 members). Based on the previous poll, we believe that Sundays work best for the largest number of drivers. So, in this thread, we would like the following: a) a formal list of interested drivers, b) feedback on this configuration, and c) a vote on the Sunday starting time. We should also mention that you do not have to be a current member of CUP or NBS to compete in CTS; we'll examine/accept new drivers in the same fashion as during the CUP/NBS "regular season."

What is the most likely to change: lap lengths, the starting time, points system, an individual course (one road course instead of another, etc.)
What is the least likely to change: the mod, dates, races on Sunday, wear factor, the balance of course types
What will NOT change: length of schedule, absence of Daytonadega

Configuration

Mod: the HC CTS mod, http://nhrl.net/downloads/mods/cts.zip
Date Range: 12-2-07 to 2-3-08
Day/Time: Sundays @ 9:00 PM EST (the time could change, see Reef's following poll post)
Series Events: 8
Standings: Old System (Sum)
Wear Factor: 3x

Schedule

The schedule is not final, but we are also not looking to radically change it, either. We designed the schedule around the ideas presented in the original CTS poll. The basic concept: a balanced mix of courses; the eight-race schedule contains two road courses, two short tracks (one flat, one banked), two 1-mile intermediate courses (one flat, one banked), two 1.5-mile intemediate courses (one flat, one banked), and NO super speedway courses 8).

1. Miami, 75 Laps (12-2-07)
2. Dover Downs, 100 Laps (12-9-07)
3. Martinsville, 125 Laps (12-16-07)
4. Brands Hatch T, 25 Laps (1-6-08)
5. New Hampshire, 85 Laps (1-13-08)
6. Bristol, 150 Laps (1-20-08)
7. Watkins Glen, 30 Laps (1-27-08)
8. Atlanta, 80 Laps (2-3-08)

I think that Brands Hatch T could change if we find a better road course, but I thought the races in CUP and NBS were pretty good, despite the usual road course fear that limited the field sizes to 11 and 13. Everyone who was there also seemed to like the track...
Reef
League Member

CTS Start Time

Post by Reef »

Times to choose from: (all times Eastern)
6:00 pm
7:00 pm
8:00 pm
9:00 pm
10:00 pm
11:00 pm

PLEASE CHOOSE ONLY 1 TIME

**THIS POLL AND THREAD WILL CLOSE AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE REGULAR SEASON**
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Short CTS Series Configuration

Post by lepage71 »

I like the NBS starting time of 9:00 PM EST, but would not really have any problem with earlier times at 7 or 8. As for the mod, the newer CTS has great graphics, but the racing and handling remind me of normal mode. Furthermore, many of our newer drivers have not even raced the "good" HC Motorsports CTS mod before, the site has a large collection of setups available to everyone, and many of us already have tex files...remember that this series starts just weeks after the CUP/NBS seasons end.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

My vote is for 9:00 pm as well. Old mod works.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

I like it and I'm definatly interested. 9:00pm is the vote for starting time as well. The schedule looks good to me. It's mostly driver tracks and one thats kinda wide open so works for me. I personally think Brands Hatch T is pretty fun. It's a challenging course, but not so bad you can't figure it out. Looking foward to it.
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

I'm interested and the 9:00 eastern time works for me. Also, I like the configuration of tracks, its a good mix of everything.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I'm Interested. The going votes seem to point to 9:00 EST, so I'll stick with that, but be it known that I'd probably only be able to make about 2 or three of those due to working some of the sunday nights. (Kinda like I am with the NBS series thus far)

I do agree that I like the old CTS physics better than the CTS 2006 physics.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

I'm all for a CTS series, and the starting time to be 9pm est. Now the only track that concerns me is. Out of all the Road Course tracks that we have been to this season. Brands Hatch was our lowest draw of peeps to attend it.. Here's the stats of all Peeps that attended the cup races for RC this season... In the cup series. Indy RC. we had 15 peeps, BH 11, Sears Point 16 peeps. Even the nbs Brands Hatch T race had to be reschedule http://www.nhrl.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7437 due to not enough peeps showing up.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
cracin
League Member

Post by cracin »

i am interested also--i still have trucks mod from old days we used
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Dave, if you remember correctly, the majority of ppl who showed for BH enjoyed it very much. I have quite a bit of testing there with the trucks, and I have to say it has all the makings of great venue. Could it be that fear is the issue??
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

[. Could it be that fear is the issue??[/quote]

HA!!! Let's race it!! :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

9 pm, the tracks sound good...count me in
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

What about Indy RCT?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

On paper, when we visit certain road courses, more people than usual seem to miss events, but still due to legimitate reasons (work, vacation, no Internet, etc.). However, it simply cannot be an anomoly that people generally work less, vacation less, and have fewer equipment failures when Daytona and Talladega roll around. Can it? If you compare the average field sizes, something is not statistically plausible. Thus, we are left with a simple explanation: fear
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

That's right. Skeered
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Count me in, Time and tracks are good, nice call on no plate tracks.
Big Mike
League Member

Post by Big Mike »

I'm in.Day and time 9:00 pm est sound great 8)

Just add in THE ROCK :mrgreen:
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

YES Please count me in
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

yea,I'm all in.9 o'clock is perfect for me.Only one thing I would like to see......somewhere .....in a Heat league of somekind,since I cant seem to find any body runnin the old WRS series,I'd still love to run a some of those old tracks,Hickory,Caraway,Ocala.Talk about fear being a factor with a road course attendance,whats wrong with these type tracks?And by the way the truck mod races well here,although feelings usually get hurt,lol.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

yea,I'm all in.9 o'clock is perfect for me.Only one thing I would like to see......somewhere .....in a Heat league of somekind,since I cant seem to find any body runnin the old WRS series,I'd still love to run a some of those old tracks,Hickory,Caraway,Ocala.Talk about fear being a factor with a road course attendance,whats wrong with these type tracks?And by the way the truck mod races well here,although feelings usually get hurt,lol.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!