Day tone ahhhhh.

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
Petty43
League Member

Day tone ahhhhh.

Post by Petty43 »

Hey just wanted all you guys to know that im ready for Daytona, and I know it's my very first Superspeedway race at the ol' NHRL. In this reporters opinion my car can lead, it can draft, it can run high, it can run low, it can do whatever It wants me to do with it. So what are you bringing to the table? Anything? So you're a past champion? Really? Well, this Petty Dodge wants that trophy and you better bring all of which you got to the table to stop me. Are those Darrell Waltrip words? Hmmm? You are thinking who does this guy think he is. Well i'm Petty43 of course. That checkered flag is mine. This will be a great way to get the season started! Yowza!"oh you want some? Huh Huh?" Lol. Later dudes.
DaveO
League Member

Re: Day tone ahhhhh.

Post by DaveO »

[quote="Petty43"]Hey just wanted all you guys to know that im ready for Daytona, and I know it's my very first Superspeedway race at the ol' NHRL. In this reporters opinion my car can lead, it can draft, it can run high, it can run low, it can do whatever It wants me to do with it. So what are you bringing to the table? Anything? So you're a past champion? Really? Well, this Petty Dodge wants that trophy and you better bring all of which you got to the table to stop me. Are those Darrell Waltrip words? Hmmm? You are thinking who does this guy think he is. Well i'm Petty43 of course. That checkered flag is mine. This will be a great way to get the season started! Yowza!"oh you want some? Huh Huh?" Lol. Later dudes.[/quote

LMAO. enjoyed reading your post!! Looking forward to racing ya in nbs....
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

the newby is feeling kinda spunky is he? bring it on. But be sure to bring the A game.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

LOL. If nothing else.. it's good to see a can-do attidude.

Many people are deceived as to how fast they are at daytona. Trust me Petty, everyone else's car will draft and suck up as well as ur's does.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

This is also known as the "temporary hero" phenomenon.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

d3efan wrote:the newby is feeling kinda spunky is he? bring it on. But be sure to bring the A game.
Good one Dan... From what I've learned from these guys over the years. Always try to bring your A game to all the tracks. Even if it's a track that you hate or that you think you suck at!! :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Laserman
League Member

Post by Laserman »

I pretty much determined after my first 500 (last night) that no matter how fast your car is, you lose the draft your basically done. I had a real slow CUP car last night but thank god to Jesse and some down a lap cars I was able to stay Top 15. :biggrin:

THE KEYBOARD IS WHAT IS UNDER THE HOOD
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

most important thing is be patient, work together, the first fuel run at dega with the lead pack wasnt very fast. you dont have to be hugely fast here, just stay in the draft and be there at the end
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup