2008 CUP and NBS Configuration and Suggestions

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

2008 CUP and NBS Configuration and Suggestions

Post by lepage71 »

We have posted rough rosters and schedules for the 2008 CUP and NBS Series (use the drop down menus to get to them). As always, everything is tentative at this moment and subject to immediate and sudden change without particular reason. :P In each series forum, we will be posting an "official members and numbers thread" that everyone will need to visit in order to confirm their participation and car numbers. In time, this post will also turn into a place to upload car files.

In addition, we are launching several polls about the configuration for both series. At this moment we do not feel there are major changes needed in terms of rules but a few ideas will be presented. We would like league members to discuss each topic if possible...some are probably not fascinating possibilities but we'd like to know what everyone thinks about these issues.

Finally, everyone can also post general suggestions in this post (the one you're reading). This section is always open to creating your own poll about something, but while we're voting on these "annual polls" please let us know if you want to add one about an issue. We suggest that everyone take a look at the schedule for the race lengths before commenting about them somewhere in this section.

Usual disclaimer: the poll results do not confirm or negate possible changes for the 2008 season. They are simply guides and resources for us to consult during the configuration of the final format of both series.
efgordon
League Member

Re: 2008 CUP and NBS Configuration and Suggestions

Post by efgordon »

Is the number on the side of the car or the number of the tex file the official number? i'm assuming if i want to drive...errr lets say for the sake of argument that i would like to drive something like the #7

i would just have to say 7, and not all the numbers i use for tex files that usually have 3 digits?
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

um...the 7 is taken.....lol...jk

You would be correct. the number on the car is what we need.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

any interest in trying another 5, 7, or 10 race playoff at the end of the season for the top 10 in points to make things interesting?
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I don't think it works too well with a 20-event schedule...a 10-race regular season followed by a 10-race playoff doesn't make a lot of sense. Anything shorter than 10 events makes the championship a little too random. I can't imagine a 5-race playoff, for instance...

I like our current system because it retains the "overall standings" aspect but makes the final results much closer than a simple sum-of-all-points over 20 events.
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

i think race lengths should be changed up just to require a little setup work and testing, maybe even to avoid a few of these fuel mileage races. i'd like to see a designated practice night just to get more people at practice together.

another suggestion is a cap on how many paints you can have, i get tired of hunting down everyones new paint jobs on the forum. if it was up to me you'd have to run what you started with all season.
thats all i can think of, other than that i think everything else is great
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I know there's already a three scheme cap. That seems reasonable to me. Last year I ran one car all year anyway.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I would say no more non experienced drivers, and be like 4 of them on a team. :shock: I agree with the Practice night. It's time for people to show up and practice instead of showing up on race night. I don't know anything about their line, their time, unless they showed up for some practice. You might not need to since you got a setup, but it's nice for all the drivers on both sides of this new john adams dollar coin released from the US Mint in 2007 to see and know who's who, who's good at this track etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. and one more etc. I like the practice idea by the way. lol :wink: