g25

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

g25

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Hey guys I have had a g25 for all most a year now and have problems hooking up the command buttons :shock: :? . but Reef has helped me finally do it, it is easy , simply go to the profile, select the button you want to use, choose the command option, select new command, type in the command (it is case sensitive), press the record button, and retype the command, then press STOP, select ok.... this should work :grin: . I dont know why i didnt figure this out already, besides the fact I really only messed with it a few times, but there it is complete

THANKS REEF :grin:

96 RATHBUN RACING
Reef
League Member

Re: g25

Post by Reef »

:coastguard
Cowboy2000
Forum Member

Post by Cowboy2000 »

Hey Jesse and Reef,
I have a Logitec G25 racing wheel too. This is a great bit of advise, but I think posting the commands to enter would be useful as well. For instance, to initiate the chat, do you type the <enter> key? Is the word "pitting" enough? Is the word "exiting" enough? etc. I'm just getting established in this league (a very good and educational one). Sorry if my questions seem somewhat obvious, but maybe other new people will benefit from the answers too :-).

-Cowboy
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

sorry here is a strand type "t" first to bring up the "typing mode" then the word or cammand you want then "enter"
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

What I would do is dedicate buttons for "t", which is needed to open the chat bar, and a button for "enter".

As far as what to put in for pitting and the like, as long as it is a clear message, you'll be all set. Personally I use "Reef is pitting" etc
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The way I do it, is:

T [space] Pitting, Pass High. [space] [enter]

Btw... the bracketed words like [space] stand for the space bar or [enter] for the enter key. You don't type those words out.. just hit that key. Hope that doesn't confuse anyone..

for telling people to pass I use:

>>>>Pass>>>>>>> and
<<<<Pass<<<<<<<

Hope that helps.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Anyway to do this for MS Sidewinder or on keyboard?
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Does the sidewinder come with some kind of profiler software? If it doesnt, I know of a program called joy2key where u can remap buttons to keys on ur keyboard. I'll post a link to it.
Go here: http://www.oatas.net/, click on utilities tab and its about half way down
JRich60
League Member

Post by JRich60 »

Ok. I think I finally have enough money saved to buy me a G25. Is it compatable enough to use for NASCAR Heat? I have read the posts here about the buttons, I was wondering if the Clutch pedal has to be used and I can get enough funtionality out of the wheel itself. I also am playing around with rFactor.

Thanks
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

It works great with NASCAR heat. You don't have to use the clutch, you can set it on auto, however I use the clutch in the pits to get higher R.P.M before I take off. I have it set to auto clutch, but you can still use it.