What Grove's problem was

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
groverhardt
League Member

What Grove's problem was

Post by groverhardt »

This was stupid guys. I was doing everything else right, but here's what I overlooked until now in case anyone else experiences it. When I downloaded the nhrlcup mod, for some reason the drivers.txt had a semi colon at the beginning of every line. I erased the semi colons and that's what fixed it.

Clarification for newer guys or those that just don't know: To have your own created number and paint in the game:

1. You have to be using the player 1 patch to have your name as player one, which I think everyone knows. This is the name others will see when your in the game with them.

2. In drivers.txt, that's in main folder of whatever mod you're running, you can create your own number/driver name, but it has to follow the exact format of the others listed. (see first paragraph, in the event you have same problem I did) You can create as many driver name/number as you want. For example: Some guys create multi drivers/numbers in drivers.txt, using different names for their different cars (ie. Wheaties car or Wrangler car), so they can switch by just choosing a different one in driver roster in the game. I prefer using one driver.txt entry of my first and last name and chosen number (ie. Thad Grove #187), like the other drivers already in the in game roster.

3. Now providing you got a paint job, and it's a car###.tex file (ie. car187.tex in my case), you can simply put it in the main folder of whatever mod your using, and share it with others to put in their main folder, so you and they can see your paint in the game. As I said before, I just use the one modified drivers.txt entry, and put whatever paint I want to in there, simply renaming it "car187.tex"

4. Now you go into game as player1, whatever you've named player1, choose your name or car in game roster, and whalla.

This may be kindergarten level for most if not all of us, but I hate to have someone that doesn't know and wants to, but is afraid to ask. I'm a little rusty myself on all this. :roll:
d3efan
League Administrator

Re: What Grove's problem was

Post by d3efan »

nope, totally valid and im sure will help out alot of folks. perhaps a screenshot of a properly formatted drivers list entry? u the man grove and welcome back!
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

table Driver
number 187
chassis nhrlcup
name Thad Grove
rank 99
ui_image 00.img
race_image 100
body_style pcar
end

Here you go. This will work just like this, with a space between each driver entry.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I may be slow , but they do call me Speedy, Great info Grover.......but......all i did was download WinRes Tools wizard
and after painting my car and saving it as a 24 bit Tga file opened up the"Wizard" browsed to where i saved the .tga file,
let the "wizard" convert it to a .tex file,(using the MKTEX button ,you can even change the name to whatever your heart desires). It automatically saves the new .tex in the same place u browsed for the .tga file. Close the "Wizard" and open up
the Nascar Heat mod launcher2 (swiss army knife edition) that you also "previously" downloaded from , I believe, MODSQUAD.com and at the top click on "UTILITIES" . A small window will open up. don't click anything ,just slide on down to "Installers" .It will automatically open another small window. Now slide on down to "INSTALL NEW [.tga|.tex|.car| files
and click!!!! A window will open . AT the bottom it says ...{Files of type} | (*.tex)NH car paints in .tex format |.... so just browse to your new .tex you just made ...click on "open"!!!! A New window labeled " Install Paint into nhrl cup" (or whatever mod you have it set to in the begginning) U will see a list of crap about the number ,the name,chassis,rank,and race image> You can change whatever u want but the body style must stay "pcar" .NOW click on "Install". Close it.
:arrow: ( I installed the NH MOD LAuncher2 and reinstalled all the mods of which i have 13 i like,so they all showed up in the launcher though i don't know if you have to reinstall them ...they may just show up but i doubt it!)
Start the Mod put your user name under player 1, 2, 3, 4, it doesnt matter. click to the screen where u select the car u want to drive and ......BODDA BING BODDA BOOM :mrgreen: youll see the name or number or whatever of the car u painted. I have at least 10 different ones !! unlimited!!!Put as many as u want. No messing with drivers.txt
files or anything else.Now you may be saying ..Wow thats even more complicated, But its really not .. Get the Winres wizard
and NH launcher2 ..after alittle Efffin around on it you'll figure it out.Besides this only seems complicated cause I'm slow at explaining it :lol: And Finally for those of you whom already have these 2 essential tools ........Please Excuse me for not tellin' you this at the beginning but you won't need to read any of this,OKEY DOKEY!! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

or.....you can just do that! lol thanks Speedy
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Different strokes for different folks.... lol. That did seem pretty complicated speedy. just my H.O. That's all.

I personally don't like using mod launcher. I have a folder on my desktop called "Racing". In it, I have a shortcut for each heat mod I have installed and Nascar Racing 2003, and a couple other goodies.

When I want to add a car to a mod, I just open it's drivers.txt file, copy and repaste an entry to make a duplicate, then edtit that duplicate accordingly. Takes about a minute, if that.

I name my cars according to their paintjob/sponsor. In My original heat for my last three cars, you see "Cheerios Dodge" "Eagles" and "Napa Dodge". It's whatever works best for you that's best.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I wondered what that program was that I saved on that heat backup disc from years ago. I told you I was rusty. LOL I'm glad I started this topic instead of taking up someone's time with a bunch of questions later. :wink: