2008 RULES CHANGES.....PLEASE READ

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

2008 RULES CHANGES.....PLEASE READ

Post by Skoty Speed »

Everyone please read the rules page for the upcomong season. There are a few minor changes. ..

1) Pitting procedures have been updated to hopefully clearify things a little better. The biggest change will be in the enforcement of these procedures. Bottom line, follow them or be penalized. Simple as that.

2) At road courses you will now be required to have all 4 wheels on the racing surface at all times.

Please READ the rules page before posting questions and/or comments.

Skoty
Reef
League Member

Re: 2008 RULES CHANGES.....PLEASE READ

Post by Reef »

is this a legal scenario?
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Nope. I see at least one blade of grass under the left front tire.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

In the picture, the car looks legal, but I can't see the front end. If that was someone's line throughout an entire event and they repeatedly cut over a portion of the grass, then a penalty could a possibility.

The standard has changed from keeping two tires on the pavement to keeping all four tires on the pavement. If you stay off of the grass, then you will not encounter problems with the modified rule. The rumble strips are completely legal - part of the "racing surface" as defined in the rules. However, it's best to think about the rumble strips like the grass under the old rule: it's probably best to put no more than two tires (one side of the car) on them. Most rumble strips are not large enough to plow an entire car over and you risk driving on the grass.

Be sure to remember: this rule does not only apply to rumble strip situations such as the inner loop at Watkins Glen. The modified rule pertains to all situations throughout a course, ranging from old maneuvers like mowing over the grass in order to maintain momentum when exiting a turn to placing two tires on the grass, gravel, etc. when entering a wide, arcing corner. In no circumstance should drivers place tires off of the pavement (or rumble strips) as part of their normal lap. Situations like a lapped car getting out of the way or a simple crash - things clearly not benefiting the driver going on the grass - are not considered offenses (and they have not for past seasons).

In general, if you're clipping or driving over the grass in order to gain a speed advantage, then you are probably violating the rule. That's the simplest way to think about the updated guideline.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Basically what this rule is intended to do, is kinda of get you scared for penalities this upcoming season. It's like the Russians manipulating the weather.
P McSkip
League Member

Post by P McSkip »

I never really thought of the grass or rumble strips to be an advantage at all. Everytime I touched one I seemed to have car problems and kinda lose it