well

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
P McSkip
League Member

well

Post by P McSkip »

I was running high to get out of the fast cars way yet I got hit twice by fast cars.

Now, if what I thought is right, why did you guys not go low like you're suppose to? I was up top getting out of the way and I got hit once in the rear into a wall damaging my car, then again entering turn 1 next lap and lost a tire. What's with that?
bover907
League Administrator

Re: well

Post by bover907 »

This is usually best handled in private, with an admin, but what lap and whatnot did it happen on? Maybe there's a valid story behind it?

I can tell you it wasn't me, but did you make some sort of sudden move right on lap one? What happened?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
P McSkip
League Member

Post by P McSkip »

it was about lap 17 or so for me.

I was on the bottom went up top with enough time for everyone to get low on me. I seen them in my rearview like little specs and I went on up the first time. The second time, someone was kinda all over and nailed me

I put it in the open because I wanted to make sure the rules were right, and maybe figured it was a new guy who did it because I'm sure the vets around here would have gone low and just wanted to make sure the rule was shown I guess.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

The rules explain that slower cars should move into a lane that would enable safe passing by faster cars. Most faster drivers in a given oval race usually like passing to the left side, so I'm sure you were doing the right thing on lap 17. We'll take a look at what happened...I'm guessing someone was not paying attention.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

It was a rookie making a mistake...buck up buttercup....deal with it like the rest of us have to.
P McSkip
League Member

Post by P McSkip »

it's not so much as I'm complaining, I was just putting it out there so the rookies could see.

It did mess me up, yes, but I'm not trying to complain
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Well,.....I apologize to you Skipp for messing you up,...yes I probably should have went low but from my veiw point you were sitting in the middle of the track and it looked like you were going to roll down the track so I made a last minute move to shoot between you and the wall,..and at those speeds things happen fast. I got messed up as well,..and I dont know what happend in the pits on my first stop,..maybe the admins should take a look at as well,..I would hope you didnt do that intentionaly. Again I apologize.
Ramrock47
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

well i watched the replay and i was pretty sympathetic, but after the busch race i dont think you have any right to complain about anyones driving, maybe when you learn to keep it off the apron then someone will listen
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

On that note...

Practice makes perfect. Also, a little tact goes a long way.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
camry
League Member

Post by camry »

Yeah McSkip, I definately feel the rigors of being a newbie, but as AdamJ just said, you didn't win any fans in the NBS race at Texas.

I had a top-5 run going and you drove me straight into the wall. You apologized right after saying you were loose and that's understandable, but next time use your brakes so you don't drift. Don't keep trying to drive it through the corner.

Will
Free Agent