Jess Rathbun

Schedule testing and tweaking sessions for upcoming league races.
DaveO
League Member

Jess Rathbun

Post by DaveO »

Jess, You had menioned u wanted/needed a server for thursday. Mines up for the next few hours for ya. IP 76.28.86.155
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Re: Jess Rathbun

Post by Jes Rathbun »

=D> =D> Ya thanks Dave :grin: :grin:
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Jess, just took it down so i could do some stuff.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

HEY man Cowboy and I usually get on about 9:00 est on thurs for bgn practice it would be nice to have more people in busch rather than cup drivers driving busch cars but whatever it takes to have a field I also feel the same way about the real nationwide series if you go to cup you shouldnt be allowed to run the lesser series, let the new and up comeing guys race
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Dont you run Cup and Bgn jess, LOL :-k
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

jesse rathbun wrote:HEY man Cowboy and I usually get on about 9:00 est on thurs for bgn practice it would be nice to have more people in busch rather than cup drivers driving busch cars but whatever it takes to have a field I also feel the same way about the real nationwide series if you go to cup you shouldnt be allowed to run the lesser series, let the new and up comeing guys race
Here though I don't think a series is really viewed as a lesser series. Not by the admins anyway. I sure don't see one as bigger then the other each has too many. Honestly I think that Cup has the higher car counts but NBS puts on better racing here.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

No limited schedule but my teammate needs help so we were tring to dedicate a night for busch (if worse comes to worse I will put up mt I.P) we have been using mine but if there can be one for each series that would be great . I dont think Iwill be able to run a full cup schedule this year but I will run busch just everyone is consentrating on the cup until sat night sunday morning "there should be ballence in the universe O.B 1 " :grin: :worm:
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

jesse rathbun wrote:No limited schedule but my teammate needs help so we were tring to dedicate a night for busch (if worse comes to worse I will put up mt I.P) we have been using mine but if there can be one for each series that would be great . I dont think Iwill be able to run a full cup schedule this year but I will run busch just everyone is consentrating on the cup until sat night sunday morning "there should be ballence in the universe O.B 1 " :grin: :worm:
Hey Jess, Alot of guys who run in cup also run in busch on Sundays. I myself for a few seasons ran cup and bgn. But this season decided too just run bgn cuz it works great for my hectic schedule. Most weeks depending on our schedules (and when I'm not traveling for work) you will find myself and Efgordon practicing online right afterwork at least a few times a week practicing NBS, and since he also runs cup, most recently we've been trying to practice both mods when we get online. So if your looking for some busch/cup practice you will see us on usually around 4pm eastern. Now just like CR49 mentioned. The admins here really don't view any series as a lesser one. Each series here brings great competition and racing. During the offseason I had put up a dedicated server up for several nights, but hardly anyone ever used it. Now I would gladly put up a dedicated server on any given night if guys need two servers for practicing, and yes if you remind me about your practicing for being at 9pm eastern I would gladly put one up for you then also..
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Thanks Dave i will be lookin for you guys to practice with and about the "lesser series" thing i said that not because the competiters or the compitition in weaker or lesser but because i thought that the busch series is just one step below professional cup series (in real life)
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

i usually have blinders on and practice for the "next" race, and because cup is on saturday, that is always the next race. if the league finally saw the eflight and put the series in proper order (nationwide sat, nextel sunday), then i would definitely practice the nbs mod alot more often. even with the new cot mod, i still find it quite easy to jump out of the COT car on saturday nights and into my nbs car on sunday morning and feel fine with the same setup with a few minor changes.

having said that, there is almost no difference between either series as far as competition goes. I don't even pay attention to who is driving which series really.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

jesse rathbun wrote:Thanks Dave i will be lookin for you guys to practice with and about the "lesser series" thing i said that not because the competiters or the compitition in weaker or lesser but because i thought that the busch series is just one step below professional cup series (in real life)
10-4 about the lesser series thing. Starting next Monday, I'll have my server up every evening, and will find out how much it gets used, and see if we need two servers up for everyone.. 8) I usually don't run in the evening. So I have really no clue how much usage the league server/ mine will get used. So let's find out what we need!
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I know this is a controversial subject, that I can't even come to strong feelings about either way myself, but I've always thought that Cup is the ultimate goal, be it real or simulated. I feel bad for new guys that struggle to start out in cup, get frustrated, and quit, or rub everyone the wrong way, and are brought to have to say sorry for their behavior. I have always thought it would be nice to give them something like busch to develop their skills and relational attitude. I'm not saying busch should exclude cup drivers, and I'm glad there is that opportunity for those that would race cup, but their schedule does not allow. In my ideal world, they would be mentors for new people in the busch league and set the mark for them. I have always thought that I'd like to see a new-person alternative, where if we bring in a new friend that's excited and interested, to tell them look bud, I don't think you're ready for cup, and I think you should spend at least a season in busch before you try to do a full season of cup. I think it would be a greater motivater for them, and increase the competition in busch too. On the other hand, maybe the busch schdule wouldn't work for their personal schedule like the cup doesn't work for some. So who knows? This is not to say that busch is a lesser league. It's just different, like open wheel, dirt, truck, etc.... Speaking of which, there was a dirt track game I used to run, and unfortunately I don't know what happened to it, but it was a very comparable program to the heat based games. I always wanted to see that as a nice addition to a diverse league too. I've held that in for years, so there it is. I'll keep my mouth shut about it now, and let the chips fall where they may. I ask the NHRL gods to ease my troubled mind on this contreversy by giving their comments. I'm sure they've thought about it before.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

This topic seems to come up at some point every season. 8) In the minds of the league administrators, there is no heirarchy of series. There are two series offering two different modes of competition (and at various points, three series). Over the league's history, the CUP Series holds a slight edge in average field size and a large edge in the number of crashes and penalties per race; for various reasons, the NBS Series has averaged marginally smaller fields and generally fewer shenanigans (Fridays and Sundays must have a calming effect on the throttle happy).

The idea of a rookie series has also risen and immediately died numerous times. I doubt we will ever implement a rookie series due to a) the high volatility of applicants (meaning they appear and disappear in large quantites, at random, making organization of a such a series a nightmare) and b) the concept makes no sense because some drivers in the "elite serie(s)" will definitely be lesser competitors in speed, control, and other variables than some rookies. Add this to the fact that any transfers from the rookie series to CUP or NBS therefore depletes the rookie series, making the reliability of even having large enough fields to continue a series very questionable from week to week.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Basically how i look at it if somebody goes into the server under whatever mod they want to practice, no big deal. It isn't that hard to figure out what mod they are running. Just look at the "rear wing", (all you do is catch a fish, remove the hook, and put the fish into the bassomatic 76. quick, easy, and ready to pour...how about trying a taste.."wow, that's terrific bass!"...heh heh ) yesss, it's just that simple. I don't think the server gets used enough, in any series. The issue about the new guys...i think the new guys need to practice, practice, practice. Practice with some guys in the server to get a feel for times, and your car with other online racers, nobody likes driving around somebody they have never hardly seen practicing in the server in the League Race. For being one of the "new guys" i think the past year in this league their have been a lot of great drivers start coming around. The New Age Outlaws with, Big Mike, Donaldson, Jrfan381, and myself, proved to have a solid team and are guys to watch, some veterans from the ol' IRF start showing up and older members of NHRL. Great competition out there now. But, soon it might reach the level of having to weed out the less experienced drivers since the server is almost up to it's optimum point. Since it's kind of subject to change, upredictable moments stuff so bumping them down a series, is the only way i see it happening. I think it would be better door to door racing when you actually have the audition to even get in the league, and then a audition to get into a particular series. Nevertheless, we are all here to have fun, and have good times. As long as i feel that way, i'll be coming around. See you on the track, what track...The NHRL Drivers unloaded their haulers this week at North Carolina. One of the oldest tracks on the NASCAR Circuit, a gritty track, which allows for some great racing strategies. :-k Tune it next week for the conclusion of NHRL AT NORTH CAROLINA!
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

when we have people knocking the door down to get in i would say yeah let them audition their way in, but now we have to kind of take what we can get. all in all it comes down to practice and i dont see near enough of it.
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

FYI: Just a reminder there will be another server up starting tomorrow for practices for during the week.

EFgordon usual practice time tomorrow for Richmond/IRP :grin: