Rookiesrock Challenges all Drivers

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Rookiesrock Challenges all Drivers

Post by Rookiesrock »

I challenge everyone to do what they can to help the struggling drivers/rookies. remember how it was when some of you started? Very intimidating when the field runs you down and there is no place to hide. Some of us only had 10-12 car fields to avoid. Imagine 25. I challenge everyone to reach out and help. We want them to stay and be competitive. Lately on vent during races I hear negative talk about anyone that spins or is slow. I'm also guilty of this. Imagine how they feel when they hear that. Let us all help them get up to speed and drive smart. Adopt a rookie today! :grin:
DaveO
League Member

Re: Rookiesrock Challenges all Drivers

Post by DaveO »

Awesome idea!! =D> =D> =D>
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
T1_Jesse
Forum Member

Post by T1_Jesse »

Hey.........can someone adopt me? LMAO! :mrgreen: ..........I have been trying my best on the race track and i think some of you reconize that..........Thanks for all your help and i will see yall at IRP Tonight for the NATIONWIDE(HAHA) Race.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I totally agree with rookie, but there is only one problem. No practice equals races like what i just had at richmond. You still screw up no matter your experience. Also, will actually helping them help, since the guys that need help, the only way they can help is help themselves by practicing. So if you spend 5 hours one day trying to help a guy, then he doesn't show up at practice, the race, or come around for 3 races. It's time lost that you, yourself could of used to tweek your car. The original game came with a manual, it's time for somebody to find that and post that on the forum to help these guys. Basically it took me about 1 year of offline racing to build my setups for every track. First thing I did which is no secret is to build a setup that handles so you know how it feels, and comfortable, and one click on one part changes the whole entire setup so make small changes until your more comfortable in the garage tweeking setups. I have left posts, about practice, etc, etc, my email i've never got any replies, so it's up to that particular driver, not any of us. We are here to help, it's just that driver who needs help, to show up and ask.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Petty43 wrote:I totally agree with rookie, but there is only one problem. No practice equals races like what i just had at richmond. You still screw up no matter your experience. Also, will actually helping them help, since the guys that need help, the only way they can help is help themselves by practicing. So if you spend 5 hours one day trying to help a guy, then he doesn't show up at practice, the race, or come around for 3 races. It's time lost that you, yourself could of used to tweek your car. The original game came with a manual, it's time for somebody to find that and post that on the forum to help these guys. Basically it took me about 1 year of offline racing to build my setups for every track. First thing I did which is no secret is to build a setup that handles so you know how it feels, and comfortable, and one click on one part changes the whole entire setup so make small changes until your more comfortable in the garage tweeking setups. I have left posts, about practice, etc, etc, my email i've never got any replies, so it's up to that particular driver, not any of us. We are here to help, it's just that driver who needs help, to show up and ask.
Yes I agree they need to showup for practice and what not. But alot of guys do tend to practice offline. But all rookies don't have to learn how to do setup building right off the bat. There are plenty of setups on the site, to where they can find a stable set to just learn how to drive at first, and find there marks on tracks, and then once they get more seat time, learn how to make adjustments down the road. Or they can also ask anyone how to make an adjustment also!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!