Pocono

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Petty43
League Member

Pocono

Post by Petty43 »

I'd like to apologize to everybody. Man i'm really sorry to everybody. This will bother me for a few days for ruining peoples nights. Frick im sorry. ugggg.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: Pocono

Post by Rookiesrock »

Racings racing...let it go and go get em next race. :grin:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

What happened, man? If you didn't have as much practice time as you'd have liked, or just straight up didn't have a handle on the track, moral of the story is, Take a Prov. Run only as fast as your car will give ya. It's easier to pass a slow, stable car than a fast sideways or wrecking one. Why race hard and not give a position on first lap if ur car was iffy on the corner? I know that I had 25 hours in (at least), and had a very good race car. I didn't feel the need to give up the spot in that case. Maybe I should have. Who knows?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I didn't feel the need to give up the spot in that case. Maybe I should have. Who knows?
Maybe you should have. This track is very intimidating in traffic. Like so many tracks, this track is hard to run side by side in the beginning laps. Because this particular post was aimed at who I think is a respectable driver, I feel the need to defend him. Maybe he had so much respect for you that he was taking it easy to let you by without stopping. Passing at this place is best done on the straights not in corners. I find it hard to believe, bover, that you think he should have taken a prov or pulled over. Maybe you shouldnt have tried to pass on the first lap like actlabs always does. Very few drivers seem to settle in a line before pushing the envelope.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Well, was probably the case rook. Everybody had snuck up to the outside line except Petty. He was the only car out of line yet, and perhaps I should have let him in. You do get afraid of getting freight trained though.

However Rook, you have been known to make a post or two while you were still hot under the collar.
Jesus Christ wrote:'He who has not sinned, cast the first stone'
I was just saying, not just based on the lap 1 incedent, but also that he wound up spinning out off a turn, got T-boned and then leaving the race, which to me says maybe he wasn't as confortable with the track or had as much practice time as he'd have liked so therefore, I HAVE in those type cases in the past taken a prov myself so I didn't get into sticky situations with people.

In no way meant to be a degrading post at all.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

What happened was all of sudden my car was loose during the race. Right from the start so i was on pins and needles from the drop of the green. I felt comfortable going into the race, but my car totally changed from the practice i had done. After getting into Bover the first few laps, then losing it right in front of the lead pack guys my teammate included, I was behind from the start, and then was further behind, by the time i repaired my vehicle there would have been 10 or so laps to go, and having a car that i tried to get a handle on since the race was only 50 laps. Plus my car was so badly damaged, who knows how it would have drove after repairs were made. Again Sorry Bover.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Nah, no problem man. I was still just a little hot when I made the post.

It's like the guys who get interviewed on TV before seeing the replay.

I'd still race sbs with you any day of the week. 8)
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Petty43 wrote:What happened was all of sudden my car was loose during the race. Right from the start so i was on pins and needles from the drop of the green. I felt comfortable going into the race, but my car totally changed from the practice i had done. After getting into Bover the first few laps, then losing it right in front of the lead pack guys my teammate included, I was behind from the start, and then was further behind, by the time i repaired my vehicle there would have been 10 or so laps to go, and having a car that i tried to get a handle on since the race was only 50 laps. Plus my car was so badly damaged, who knows how it would have drove after repairs were made. Again Sorry Bover.
You know I had the same issue my car ended up looser in the race then it had been all day including the practices right before the race. I hadn't made any adjustments either it was just all of a sudden looser.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

lol, i had the oppisite problem..car was fine in practise..then come race time it was really tight in the turns.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Mine was overall the same, but felt different between sets. I think it's just the nature of the track and driving it different than you had been.