New Driver Suggestion

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should new drivers be allowed to jump right in?

yes
38%
Run 5 races in Busch and await for evaluation
63%

Total votes: 24

Donaldson
League Member

New Driver Suggestion

Post by Donaldson »

I suggest it should be mandatory for all new drivers to run at least 5 races in Busch and then be evaluated for cup depending on their performance as a driver for those 5 races..Also for those 5 races they need to start at the rear of the field...The Busch series seems to be the more calmer series to be in, usually very clean races and the cars are a lot more stable..I think it would benefit all the new drivers as a building step for the league..
DusterLag
League Member

Re: New Driver Suggestion

Post by DusterLag »

Drivers do not just "jump right in" as you say..

The league admins work hard with the possible new drivers to help them understand car control & patience before letting them into a league event...

Also I know that the Cup & Busch leagues are not setup in this league to be one better than the other..

They are setup equally (more for people that can only make one day or time)...
Which is understandable, allthough I do not completely agree...
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

DusterLag wrote:Drivers do not just "jump right in" as you say..

The league admins work hard with the possible new drivers to help them understand car control & patience before letting them into a league event...
Are you sure about that? Theres been many instances this year where new drivers where allowed to race when it looks like they only put in 5 minutes of practice.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

The bottom line is. Donaldson is right. We could beat this discussion all nite long. If i could suggest anything, would be for you Dusterlag, to figure out your ghosting issue, it's not a big issue, but i just wanted to bring this to your attention.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

Donaldson wrote:I suggest it should be mandatory for all new drivers to run at least 5 races in Busch and then be evaluated for cup depending on their performance as a driver for those 5 races..Also for those 5 races they need to start at the rear of the field...The Busch series seems to be the more calmer series to be in, usually very clean races and the cars are a lot more stable..I think it would benefit all the new drivers as a building step for the league..
Sunday night racing is cleaner because it is a school night. I wish the nhrl would just switch nights the series are run. Saturday for NBS and Sunday Cup.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Donaldson wrote:
Are you sure about that? Theres been many instances this year where new drivers where allowed to race when it looks like they only put in 5 minutes of practice.
I am very aware that skotty spends time with these drivers helping them to the best of his ability before letting them on the track, unfortunately sometimes it is different until you get "real world" experience...

Also I am very aware of my ghosting problem as I used to run 5 servers 24/7 for 3 different leagues, this on being one of them, i'm working on getting back to this... I've been gone awhile & am working on changing isp's again or waiting for my current to come fix the issue with unreliable speeds.

I just wish all this crap would stop, what happened to the good old NHRL, with racing fights not forum crap...
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I wouldn't worry. We've just stumbled upon a few forum trolls. These posters can appear on any forum; this certainly isn't an NHRL thing. They go away eventually...either by force :cop or disinterest. :doubt:

Also, drivers must pass an approval phase in order to gain entrance into the league. Any driver who is approved has demonstrated adequate skills.

And no, the recent disturbers are nowhere near approval level.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

lepage71 wrote:I wouldn't worry. We've just stumbled upon a few forum trolls. These posters can appear on any forum; this certainly isn't an NHRL thing. They go away eventually...either by force :cop or disinterest. :doubt:

Also, drivers must pass an approval phase in order to gain entrance into the league. Any driver who is approved has demonstrated adequate skills.

And no, the recent disturbers are nowhere near approval level.
About time,you said something!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Toku29
Forum Member

Post by Toku29 »

i think weshuold race 5 races put dont dive us points or someome can make a rookie server where we can race without being aproved but get points
respect me and i will respect you
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Toku29 wrote:i think weshuold race 5 races put dont dive us points or someome can make a rookie server where we can race without being aproved but get points
& What does this mean "...put dont dive us points..."

Also there are leagues out there for new drivers, this is technically a league for veteran drivers, not that we don't let in good new drivers.. but still the same...
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Donaldson wrote:I suggest it should be mandatory for all new drivers to run at least 5 races in Busch and then be evaluated for cup depending on their performance as a driver for those 5 races..Also for those 5 races they need to start at the rear of the field...The Busch series seems to be the more calmer series to be in, usually very clean races and the cars are a lot more stable..I think it would benefit all the new drivers as a building step for the league..
OK...I guess I'll j u m p in right here. I'm a new driver, though I began in the 1st Race of the 2008 NHRL Cup season
@ Daytona . I think I did rather well considering my speed was subpar to the veterans , my pitting stunk (my own fault),
and was running GOOD with less then 10 laps to go when...I saw a few of the lead cars coming up on me as I came out of
Turn 4, and a "More Experienced Driver" ( he Knows who he is) suddenly for no apparent reason, (of course there could have been some little duckies crossing that I wasn't aware of).........sssccreeeeeeeeched to a slow crawl,
and I, instead of going to my right, into the path of the oncoming trio......SLAMMED into his rear end, disabling my
front end so bad, I couldn't turn left to clear the track for other cars.( See Daytona Race replay) If this driver was pitting,
he was way too late. If he ran out of fuel, he should have gone below apron to coast or whatever.

In the Texas Race a driver, "experience unknown", gave me a whiplash on the 2nd lap. I was behind Bover and driving his
raceline when this occurred.

My point is simple. You have to give a little sometimes, and take when its "clearly" available". Whether your a "newbie"
or an "oldie" doesn't really matter, except for one thing.......The "oldie" knows what he is capable of doing, and with his
experience , should recognize that the "newbie" beside him, in front of him, behind him, sliding upside down , or :?: ,
used to be "him" and take precaution. Yes , sometimes this still doesn't work, but assuming what
you think the other guy should do is utterly ridiculous.
efgordon wrote:Sunday night racing is cleaner because it is a school night. I wish the nhrl would just switch nights the series are run. Saturday for NBS and Sunday Cup.

Ef...isn't this what you really meant to say :arrow: :arrow: ......"Sunday night racing is cleaner because it is not a beer
guzzling, :ezboardpimp whiskey snorting :ezboardsmoking ,.... look at them thar titties [-X , night. I wish the nhrl would just switch nights the series are run. Saturday for NBS and Sunday Cup."

You get the point right thur!!!!! :mrgreen:

P.S. BTW , I never ever use spell check, I went to school to learn how to spell,and take pride in that fact. Besides, what kind of writer would I be if readers couldn't read it. I'll tell you. I'd be an unreadable writer!! Duh? :roll:
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Toku29 wrote:i think weshuold race 5 races put dont dive us points or someome can make a rookie server where we can race without being aproved but get points
Rookies night tomorow 8-9.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i know im new to nascar tracks still but i think the 5 race NBS is grate a ide and for the rookies that not that good at it NBS is a good mod
to start out with and if there not able to move up in the 5 race then i see no problem staying in NBS till they get better
im just looking at it from when i was rookie in dirt witch it did good for me i know paved tracks are defrent from
from dirt tracks
but it was just my thought on it
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

THIS WAS FROM THE BEGINNING OF JULY... CHECK DATES
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

LMAO, I was waiting for that :lol:
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

better late then never :smile:
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

I'm a new driver to this league and myself think that a full season of NBS would be the way to go befor moving up to the higher ranks. I would love to run in the cup seris but want to start in the NBS first then move up. Not only for experiance but to earn and learn the respect that I feel is deserved and expected of the cup seris.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

tjwild wrote:i know im new to nascar tracks still but i think the 5 race NBS is grate a ide and for the rookies that not that good at it NBS is a good mod
to start out with and if there not able to move up in the 5 race then i see no problem staying in NBS till they get better
im just looking at it from when i was rookie in dirt witch it did good for me i know paved tracks are defrent from
from dirt tracks
but it was just my thought on it

My God son, don't race online...no! Use the weekend to study your school books. Then, and only then, screw around with games. I'm not kidding.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

thanks but no thanks. hated school when i was going hated it still been out off school since 1988 to old to even go back lol
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

sorry man, I was up too late last night reading these polls. No offense intended.