Coming In October?

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
DusterLag
League Member

Coming In October?

Post by DusterLag »

Will there be a Truck series coming at the end of Cup... October?
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Coming In October?

Post by lepage71 »

probably
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Im looking forward to racing CTS
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

cool i cant wait to run trucks wooo hooooooo :grin:
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

I propose a WRS mod stint instead of CTS. We need a change of pace and a leveler playing field
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Reef wrote:I propose a WRS mod stint instead of CTS. We need a change of pace and a leveler playing field

Good choice!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Good for me guy I cant wait for the trucks ..... layoff time :lol:
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I felt last season's 8-race format worked great, but of course there will be some changes to a potential CTS Series. We'll probably launch some polls about possible settings, perhaps before the CUP / NBS break ends.

I should mention, as I did last season, that the series will only happen if there's adequate interest.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Since we are are the subject of racing the truck series. I think this would be a good time to shout out my feeling on this. Since this will be a short 8 race mini series, talking about polls etc. This should be the series were only SKILLED racers should be involved. Last season i got wrecked in the first race when i practiced for about 3 months, while my winning truck was lifted onto the hauler. Dodge put a lot of money on my truck last year to be my sponsor for the 43 Dodge Truck. Got taken out by some guys who wrecked, and crashed everybody then never showed up again. There will be no sense to run this with the type of caliber of drivers who have been showing up. Failing to read rules. I want to start to enjoy racing. Not who's the one that's going to wreck me this race. Nascar has always been a performance based sport. Let's bring that back to NHRL!
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

i agree petty, last year YGM damaged a lot of people in the first 3 races when they shouldn't even have been out there to begin with.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Yup i felt the brunt of those guys, i agree
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I want to see the irf 2 up, so we practice and scout better over the off season.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Completely agree Champion Mr. Grove. We all welcome new talent to League NHRL. We all reminisce the days of old when drivers were invited into this league via IRF, where we all had the opportunity to see how strangers drove on any given day or night on IRF without repercussion's of drivers actions. There were no points at stake or precious practice time. This IRF2 is definitely a plus if used frequently. Good answer.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Reef wrote:I propose a WRS mod stint instead of CTS. We need a change of pace and a leveler playing field
That sounds good to me I'd love to do the WRS. I'll run whatever is put up though.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

im with CR49 on that ill run with what ever is up im not picky jut love to race every chance i get :grin:
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I would have to say i would love to run the Weekly Racing Series. But, my issue with this mod and only issue is the sound. The sound at least when i've downloaded twice has been the same. Great Mod, but i can't agree on that mod unless the sound is fixed. The Trucks are my favorite Mod for Heat. (Next to bovers mod which i have been really impressed with).
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

By changing out the race.res file for any mod you change the way the cars sound.. I use the sound from the new multi-mod for bovers cup mod.. It does not change anything about the cars & how they drive... (ie its not cheating)... But I will also run anything put out there... Even if its legends ... lol
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

lol duster. Ill run anything too. I tried the wrs cars and they go 230 mph and more at tona. and have great handling (on default set)
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Petty43 wrote:I would have to say i would love to run the Weekly Racing Series. But, my issue with this mod and only issue is the sound. The sound at least when i've downloaded twice has been the same. Great Mod, but i can't agree on that mod unless the sound is fixed. The Trucks are my favorite Mod for Heat. (Next to bovers mod which i have been really impressed with).
Heres how you change that. Turn it off. :P
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

If I do that then i can't hear the people bitchin at each other during a points race. :lol: By the way, it's not the music, it's the ingame sound, engine, spotter, etc.