Coming In October?

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Coming In October?

Post by DusterLag »

yes.. the race.res file is the engine, spotter ... squealing ect... try it out....
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I like the WRS suggestion, but I'm not sure a potentially rough, bang-'em-up short-track series is what we need at this moment. If the idea is to run WRS at larger tracks, too, then it's a waste of that mod because it's not intended for places larger than 1-mile courses. If the cars are going 230 at Daytona, then that's a pretty clear indication. For WRS to be enjoyable, we'd probably have to exclude a bunch of drivers and that is not the spirit we should intend for an off-season mini-series.

Some of the rookie drivers, especially those in race-to-race approval phases, are still learning some of the original tracks, too. I think running CTS rather than obscure short tracks furthers their learning curve for the 2009 season in CUP and NBS.

This sounds like a better idea for the 2009 regular season. We could schedule 4-8 WRS events on various Saturdays before CUP, and run shorter, shootout-style races (such as 50% of CUP / NBS), and limit the sizes of the fields.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Petty43 wrote:If I do that then i can't hear the people bitchin at each other during a points race. :lol: By the way, it's not the music, it's the ingame sound, engine, spotter, etc.
You can still turn it off lol.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

lepage71 wrote:I like the WRS suggestion, but I'm not sure a potentially rough, bang-'em-up short-track series is what we need at this moment. If the idea is to run WRS at larger tracks, too, then it's a waste of that mod because it's not intended for places larger than 1-mile courses. If the cars are going 230 at Daytona, then that's a pretty clear indication. For WRS to be enjoyable, we'd probably have to exclude a bunch of drivers and that is not the spirit we should intend for an off-season mini-series.

Some of the rookie drivers, especially those in race-to-race approval phases, are still learning some of the original tracks, too. I think running CTS rather than obscure short tracks furthers their learning curve for the 2009 season in CUP and NBS.

This sounds like a better idea for the 2009 regular season. We could schedule 4-8 WRS events on various Saturdays before CUP, and run shorter, shootout-style races (such as 50% of CUP / NBS), and limit the sizes of the fields.
Sounds good lepage.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Bmxtwins wrote:Sounds good lepage.
Do you post just for the sake of posting? lol
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

If you were as dedicated to your driving as you our to our forum, you'd be decent.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

indeed
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

Reef wrote:I propose a WRS mod stint instead of CTS. We need a change of pace and a leveler playing field
OHHHH,please,please please!!!!! With New River,Caraway,Hickory and Concord.......OK,I'll shut up,lol,but just the mention of that mod just gives me wood!!!!! And as crappy as I am in the NBS series I'm pretty damn good at that mod aint I Skoty? Ain't I ? Tell 'em Skoty ,I don't suck in every division,I can at least hold my on in the lowly WRS, LOL!!!
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Hey guys,

I know I don't get around here much, but I'm glad to see interest in the WRS mod is still pretty good.It makes me feel good to know folks still enjoy it. :smile:

In case you haven't figured it out yet...I'm Raybee1970 in disguise. :wink:

When I was doing the WRS mod, I figured some folks might like to race it on bigger tracks too, even though it was mostly made for the small tracks...so I tweaked a little for the big tracks in terms of physics and stuff.That is why you can go so fast at Daytona and places like that.Who needs a restrictor plate, anyways? :badgrin:

I "think" I included some kind of base setup for alot of the tracks...even the Cup style tracks, if I'm not mistaken.I know I did for most of the short tracks that were available at the time.They even do pretty well on road courses too. :smile:

But about changing the "race.res" in WRS?

I don't know if that would be a very good idea...since most of the important parts (like various tires,wheels (colored) and other parts) are in there.Yes...the spotter sounds are in the race.res also...but if you just swapped out race.res files with another mod...you'll most likely get screwed up looking tires and wheels on the cars...or worse...a crashing game.

If it's mostly engine sounds your having troubles with....the engine sounds are in the "part.res" file...but again,swapping that one out, could cause you to get some messed up steering wheels in the cockpit view and such, since I put the steer1.mod and other stuff in there.

I have never heard from anyone on sound issues with it though...so maybe you can go into more detail?

Or email me if you'd like, which may be better...since I don't get by here alot. (Sorry....I'm not an online racer...so you'll have to overlook me...lol)

dsechrest AT triad.rr.com ( replace the AT with @ )

I hope you guys still keep that interest when we start getting more tracks out.We'll finish up North Wilkesboro as soon as we can...but we're trying to concentrate on getting the Mod Squad site back up...since the server guys transfered us from Houston to California this weekend.