no cd patch on vista help

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

no cd patch on vista help

Post by Jes Rathbun »

hey guys ...lol... now That the game works, thanks for the help, I cant get the no cd patch installed right, where the data folder changes to the run folder, also I cant get the option compatablility to "yes" or hardcore to work even as an admin I can type it in and everything but when you are asked to save changes it doesnt allow it ... vista sucks can anyone help please ...........thanks Jess
DusterLag
League Member

Re: no cd patch on vista help

Post by DusterLag »

For everything you do you need to run as admin,.. however for the purposes of installing & setting up heat i would follow the second method from before, but make sure you undo this after it is all installed & working properly.. also make sure that you always run the heat game as an admin.
Method #2:
Simpler, more unsafe if you download alot of viruses...
Disable UAC or User Account Control, go into the user accounts settings by clicking on the picture in the startmenu or going to the control pannel & selecting disable UAC & confirming this change...
Hope it helps!

NO BMX ANSWERS OR POSTS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED :shock: lol
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

[quote="
NO BMX ANSWERS OR POSTS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED :shock: lol[/quote]

HA! Hope your right... :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Thats cuz i didnt have an answer for this 1 duster. :twisted:
Nightstalker
Forum Member

Post by Nightstalker »

Do you have to get a word in on everything? Obviously you do, 206 posts in 82 days time. Holy shit. This entire thread had absolutely zero to do with you. Mind your own frikin business. Go play rockband or sumthin.
Relentlessly Evil and 100% Right
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

This isn't a solution to your problem Jes but there is another way to avoid all this. If you check into your motherboard and your BIOS. Look for the "MULTI-BOOT" option to see if yours supports this. This is basically a way to run more than one Operating Systems on your computer. I've have seen this done, and going to do this myself. At bootup you just have to select which one you want to use then it loads normally no big deal. This person was having the same problem you were having. So what they did was installed another operating system. The had Vista with the new computer then installed XP thru Multiboot. I run ME or Millenium which in it's day was a great O.S. for gaming. I still use that today. You might want to think about that just to run Nascar Heat and other video games. I would go with XP. Millenium is an option but there are certain updates you are stuck with until you get a newer O.S. Just wanted to throw that out there.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Don't use Windows ME (Millennium) It is & as always been a crash happy os, but his idea on multi boot would work as well & would improve overall game function, but it is much more involved.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Petty and his dinosaur, lmao

groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Nice. I remember those computers. I don't know why people bash ME. Always worked flawless for me. I've only switched over to XP Pro this last year, again with no issues. Only thing I didn't like about ME was you could only go up to 512mb of ram.