What the ??????

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
JRich60
League Member

What the ??????

Post by JRich60 »

Don't know what happened. About lap 40, I got booted. Saved replay, but only shows from my pit afterwards. I also noticed alot of warp after I got reconnected. Any ideas? I was running ok in 14th I think, could have moved up to a better position.

Ok, wanted to put my 2 cents in.
DusterLag
League Member

Re: What the ??????

Post by DusterLag »

When you enter a server after the race has started your computer is not synced with the server or other drivers therefore everyone will lag on your screen...

As for the replay, it is only what is on your computer that is recorded so you would have had to save it from when you were booted, because when you came back it recorded only what you saw from when you reconnected...

Hope this answers your questions...

As for being booted it could have been the server, server's isp, your isp, or a number of different things... Unfortunately it happens..... Been a victim of that in the past..
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Hey dusterlag.... I was booted with a "Wuauboot" error then kicked back in ,and eventually Quit!Before disconnecting I saved my replay and after I cooled off ,I watched It. It shows everything that occurred from start to my final quitting, including what occurred while I was absent and unfortunately viewing my Desktop and the error for approximately 10 seconds. So what Happened?
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

re: wuauboot
Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 11:48 pm
Posted by Ms. Eagle (32527 messages posted)

Quote:
Windows Update Critical Update Notification. This will appear in your Task List
if you did a Windows Update at some stage and installed the "Critical Update Notification"
component. Do not walk, run to your
"Add/Remove Programs" icon in the Control Panel and immediately uninstall Microsoft
Windows Critical Updates Notification.

Recommendation :
It is best that you simply do a Windows Update once every two or three months, say,
and only at times when you do not require your PC urgently in the following 24 hours!
Finally, quite aside from the above, WUCRTUPD is also sometimes responsible for illegal
operations, 3-seconds mouse freezes, WULOADER error messages, and Invalid Page Faults
in KERNEL32. Have we said enough ?

End Quote.... from below site:

Answers that Work

Carol

It Happened to the both of you at the same time because you received the update at the same time!
Follow This!
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

DusterLag wrote:
re: wuauboot
Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 11:48 pm
Posted by Ms. Eagle (32527 messages posted)

Quote:
Windows Update Critical Update Notification. This will appear in your Task List
if you did a Windows Update at some stage and installed the "Critical Update Notification"
component. Do not walk, run to your
"Add/Remove Programs" icon in the Control Panel and immediately uninstall Microsoft
Windows Critical Updates Notification.

Recommendation :
It is best that you simply do a Windows Update once every two or three months, say,
and only at times when you do not require your PC urgently in the following 24 hours!
Finally, quite aside from the above, WUCRTUPD is also sometimes responsible for illegal
operations, 3-seconds mouse freezes, WULOADER error messages, and Invalid Page Faults
in KERNEL32. Have we said enough ?

End Quote.... from below site:

Answers that Work

Carol

It Happened to the both of you at the same time because you received the update at the same time!
Follow This!
I dont have Windows Update 'Critical Update Notification ' installed AND never have had it installed. I only install
updates manually . And review all before installing. I also went to Windows Update and there are no critical updates available . ?????????? Thx Duster,, I'm still researching .
JRich60
League Member

Post by JRich60 »

Thx for the info Duster. When I connect online, I turn off my firewall and run End-it-All. I checked for the item: Microsoft Windows Critical Updates Notification. It is not installed, and like Speedy, I don't do automatice updates. The only thing in my taskbar when I race online is the Windows Security Alert icon. Any more info would be appreciated.

Thx
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

It could also be spyware, adaware, or a virus... do you run scans for all of these?
Software like AdAware, SpyBot & AVG Free Work Great & Are All Free..

Aside from that i'm not sure from here... The actual file "wuaboot.exe" is supposed to be a windows update program designed for windows 98 & me...
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I think I got it taken care of, whether it be adware, malware, spyware, or Just plain ole WUAUBOOT. Why the bitch decided to kick on if it cant find a port and connect it shuts down. I found it on my system though it was disabled, I believe An unofficial win Hotfix enabled it.It is now renamed and unabled