New wheel!

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

New wheel!

Post by SpeedyExiter »

(Sung to the tune of the song "Gonna get a new daddy")
I gotta new momo. I said I gotta new momo I threw my old formula away , now its laying out in the alley.
LOL

Can any body give me a hint on the best settings and what they all do! I heard someone mention an update or something!
mustangman759
League Member

Re: New wheel!

Post by mustangman759 »

what momo you get?
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

lmfao, there is only 1 momo available. Idiot
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

speedy, let me know what ya need, I had a momo hooked up for years with the profiler workin perfectly.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

The one thing I forgot to set was Auto apply. Make sure u click that. Go MOMO users!

Peace.

Ps: mustang u tard theres only 1 momo... the other logitech wheel is the G25. :roll:
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Reef, ..I got it installed and working no problem . Profiler looking good too. What i was curious about was, what percentages were best to set for the overall effects, the Spring effects , and damper effects. OR better to turn off. Then I got to monkeying with it and sort of started to figure out what does what ! But anything you can suggest for best handling or any little tricks u learned would be great! Also i have read that stuff in advanced .text ( u know the "trapezoid" shit)in Heat about a hundred times over the years about the force feedback settings ( u know the "trapezoid" shit) in the Options .cfg file. Is tweaking that in Options,cfg necessary or does Momo settings handle it?
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

I had my ffb turned off and messed with the centering strength till i got it where i liked it.
Also, look into the combined pedals thing. If you are a left foot braker, or like to trail the brake then turn that off.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

cool ,thx reef
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Also, If I remember correctly you can export/import profiles. I could export my profile so you don't have to go through the trouble of making your own. It has all my typed race chat messages already. uses all six buttons and the two paddles, says stuff like Pitting, Pass High>>>, Pass>>>>>, Sorry, Thank You, etc. Let me know if you want me to look into exporting for ya.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
JRich60
League Member

Post by JRich60 »

Along those lines for the MOMO, is it possible to program the buttons for other uses? I want to make the buttons do stuff like tire strategy, how much fuel, stuff like that. You know, like button 4 you can scroll through 4 tires, 2 tires or none? If anyone has info on this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

bover907 wrote:Also, If I remember correctly you can export/import profiles. I could export my profile so you don't have to go through the trouble of making your own. It has all my typed race chat messages already. uses all six buttons and the two paddles, says stuff like Pitting, Pass High>>>, Pass>>>>>, Sorry, Thank You, etc. Let me know if you want me to look into exporting for ya.
Thx, Bover. Yeah , send it, I'm all for saving time , while I'm wasting time.lol, Wow ,big difference runnin with this Momo instead of my old wheel. Like a Harley compared to A big wheel.LOL. Btw, Right,now I'm uing the paddles to shift and the bottom left button as a quick "get out of the way "Reverse. But send it Anyway u want! Thgx , bro
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Rookiesrock Post subject: Re: help with logitech momo profiler Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:46 pm

Forum Member

Posts: 700 m not sure if I can help you with your "t" button not working but I can explain the programming.

1.) Start your profiler.
2.) You should see a pic of your momo.
3.) Click on the button you want to program.
4.) A menu will appear then drag your mouse over the "select assignment".
5.) A menu will appear then click "new command".
6.) In the top box name your command ie pitting, exiting, move over, etc.
7.) Click record.
8.) type "t" then I usually press the space bar 3 times then type what you want to appear then hit enter. Then click stop.
9.) All done.

Also be aware that the programmed buttons will NOT work unless you have the profiler running while you race. You can see if it works by entering the server and clicking in the chat window and then using your programmed buttons.

did a little diggin and found this from rookie hope it helps

Post by Jes Rathbun »

6.) In the top box name your command ie pitting, exiting, move over, etc and you can use pit commands like f9- f10
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Im sure he is talking about the settings for Throttle and steering ( overshoot deadspot and stuff) Check your PM Speedy
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

If you want to use your buttons to bring up and work menu screens you can, but my export won't help you in that case. All my buttons are for chat messages.

I have to dig my wheel out to do the export. It won't let me open the profiler whout the wheel hooked up. Give me a day or two.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
JRich60
League Member

Post by JRich60 »

If anyone can help me walk through the commands to set my wheel up for pit cammands and such, i would appreciate it. I'm getting used to typing quickly for general stuff like ...pitting and exiting
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

JRich60, HERES is how to do what you want.Jess already posted this.Thank him!

jesse rathbun wrote:Rookiesrock Post subject: Re: help with logitech momo profiler Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:46 pm

Forum Member

Posts: 700 m not sure if I can help you with your "t" button not working but I can explain the programming.

1.) Start your profiler.
2.) You should see a pic of your momo.
3.) Click on the button you want to program.
4.) A menu will appear then drag your mouse over the "select assignment".
5.) A menu will appear then click "new command".
6.) In the top box name your command ie pitting, exiting, move over, etc.and you can use pit commands like f9- f10
7.) Click record.
8.) type "t" then I usually press the space bar 3 times then type what you want to apply
6.) In the top box name your command ie pitting, exiting, move over, etc and you can use pit commands like f9- f10
ear then hit enter. Then click stop.
9.) All done.

Also be aware that the programmed buttons will NOT work unless you have the profiler running while you race. You can see if it works by entering the server and clicking in the chat window and then using your programmed buttons.

did a little diggin and found this from rookie hope it helps