Logitech Momo question?

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Logitech Momo question?

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Someone that is "well familiar" with the MOMO and "beyond" an "above average computer tech" whom pays attention to detail...like for instance.. ...say Reef ....or .....Dusterlag...(but NOT anyone under ,lets say 19 yrs old)..hint hint.,
could probably help me with this Question ! please!
In my System properties under the Device manager tab/(view devices by type setting)when you click open the Sound, Video and Game controllers ...There is 2 listings there for the MOMO.
One says Logitech Momo racing (hid)
other says Logitech Momo racing (usb)
I ran Everest Home edition and Aida ,both well known and good programs and benchmarking tools to look at my whole system etc. and this is how it defines them.
[ Sound, video and game controllers / Logitech MOMO Racing (HID) ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description .... Logitech MOMO Racing (HID)
Driver Date .... 11/30/2008
Driver Provider ... Logitech Inc.
INF File .... LJOY2.INF
HardwareID --- (listed below) HID\VID_046D&PID_CA03&REV_0111,HID\VID_046D&PID_CA03,HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_GAME,HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0004,HID_DEVICE

[ Sound, video and game controllers / Logitech MOMO Racing (USB) ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description .... Logitech MOMO Racing (USB)
Driver Date .... 11/30/2008
Driver Provider .... Logitech Inc.
INF File .... LJOY2.INF
HardwareID ---- (listed below)
USB\VID_046D&PID_CA03&REV_0111,USB\VID_046D&PID_CA03

Is this supposed to be listed twice ?. u know Usb and a Hid device. and whats with the longer and more complicated (hid) id settings? the only other thing in Sounds,video, and game Cntrlls is Creative sound card and Gameport joystick.
One other weird thing is that the icons for all these items here used to be little yellow speakers ( like the volume icon on bottom right of systray on desktop) Now the icons are all grey Diamond-shaped icons instead???????? Sorry this post is so long , Can u school me in on this one! I consider myself pretty good on comp knowledge but never had many hid or Usb devices or queries till now. :-k Thankx. appreciate it.
Reef
League Member

Re: Logitech Momo question?

Post by Reef »

Are you having issues with it? Is it possible that one my be your profiler and the other the actual device?
I dont think I've ever seen the HID entry, but it has been awhile. Maybe I'll hook mine back up to check it out later tonight.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

heres another question, It looks like you updated the drivers, did you have this same thing with the older drivers?
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

mmmmm..good question.....lets see . The Logitech cd that came in Box i installed 1st was Ver.4.40.Right after I installed
it.Logitech issued me an update to get,I think or I may have found the Update myself on the site!( version 4.60)along with info on other crap , Clearing calibration utilities etc.etc and such.So i updated and seemed good.But u got to remember now, I still had only run a few laps with it and not sure what or how it should feel.,experimenting like crazy with this or that setting, So ...How should it feel if its dialed in?Only thing I can remember is the weird icon changes came after all that. possibly when i set up the profiler, but I'm not positive.Wheel seemed fine at first ,except it was real free with ff off and other spring thing off.Now it seems like its tight and when u gotta say turn left , then left a little more ,and need to come back right a little harder (or try to avoid a crash in front of u) and need to turn quick back it grabs the motor and u hear and feel a little zzzrrriinngfgg.(Cant describe sound any better).Should i have the single spring strenghth say 10 -20% or ???Justs seems to change a little every time, I use it, and seems to have a mind of its own on how it wants to perform .
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I've noticed on my computer that every USB input device I plug in Mouse, Keyboard and Logitech wheel are all listed twice. Some like the mouse say USB Human Input Device, (That's what HID stands for) and then under mouse it says Microsoft Optical mouse.

For some reason input devices are listed twice like that, while other USB stuff like scanners, printers, cameras, and MP3 playeres when plugged in are only listed once.

I've run like that for years with no problems. It shouldn't be a problem for you.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

yeah... I went thru whole puter got rid of any mention of Logitech , went to website and read up on it.when i reinstalled the wheel software it actually put both right back in Sound ,video,and Game cont.BUT it also put them under the USB Root hub where they should be (when u switch it over to "view devices by connection".B4 it had a lonesome Hid compliant device squeezed in at top under Advanced Power management.That was the Main Culprit, apparently.Wheel working great now....Just ran a 2:14.665 at Road America_T .ALL 4 tires on the track!!!!well maybe 3...LMAO!!! :lol:
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

as far as spring and ffb settings, when I ran mine I had about 10-15% ffb, just enough to feel the bumps from other drivers, and had the centering spring set at 75%. It's mostly personal preference. Mess with it and see how you like it. I didn't really like the ffb to the point that it just shook the wheel, but it was handy in close quarters racing.