1. Daytona Starting Grid Format

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Reef
League Member

1. Daytona Starting Grid Format

Post by Reef »

Here is the official starting grid procedure for the upcoming Season opener at Daytona.

** We will line up single file according to the Sprint Race Results.
** There will be 0.5 seconds between each car.
** Pace Lap speed will be 55 MPH.
** THE LEADER AND ONLY THE LEADER will type "GO" at the line. Anyone other than the leader saying "go" will be penalized severely.
** There will be no passing until you have crossed the line.
** There will be no qualifying, we will use a random start. Everyone will be given the opportunity to see where their stall is located before the green flag drops.

Please post any questions you may have about the process here so we can get it explained before we get into the server and waste time.
bover907
League Administrator

Re: 1. Daytona Starting Grid Format

Post by bover907 »

Reef wrote:Everyone will be given the opportunity to see where their stall is located before the green flag drops.
How are we going to see where our pit stall is?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Since we are using a random start, we will run a lap or 2 so everyone can pit to see where their stall is, then we will restart.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

so basicly 1. we will go around on the pace lap just to get the grid right 2. on the second lap everyone will run through pit lane to see where they will be pitting (no real reason to stop just look for your board) 3. go another lap to get lined up again then "go"
dont mean to sound stupid but... :? dont want to screw anyone or myself....

and Purple .....is what color a smurf will change when you chock em.. :lol:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Ummmm, actually I think the way it's going to go is, we'll START, have us all look where our pit stall is by driving onto pit road, then do a RESTART, at which point we'll line up according to our spots.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
camry
League Member

Post by camry »

** There will be no passing until you have crossed the line.
I don't agree with this. I'm starting 13th (approx 6 sec behind leader) and if say the 10th place car chokes the start, I have to wait until I cross the line before I can jump around him?

By that time the draft is lost.

I think this needs to either be explained better or re-evaluated. We shouldn't have to forego any chance to win because some dude has horrible gears, misses a gear or is a sleep at the wheel.

Thoughts?
Free Agent
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I think this needs to either be explained better or re-evaluated. We shouldn't have to forego any chance to win because some dude has horrible gears, misses a gear or is a sleep at the wheel.
I agree about the slow gears. How about only allowing passes high/outside?
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I don't know....Rook, your opinion is one that I always respect, but if we start making allowances like that, we may get back to what we're trying to avoid, which is people over accelerating and causing all the first lap problems that end up taking out good runners anyway.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

All i know is i need 15th on back to start the second groove so we can get up to the front, choo choo train style, 8) atleast 12 cars lol
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Unfortuntaly, we can't easily choose a middle ground for passing before the start/finish line. You either can or can't. If it's allowed, then I know I'm shooting left as a default tactic. If passing to the right is allowed, then drivers might just hug the wall. The "slow gears guy" is a legitimate issue and the best thing I can suggest is, if someone is truly off of the pace, then you will not likely be penalized for passing. It will be up to each driver to determine that they're not actually jumping the start and unfairly passing a driver of legitimate speed. So I wouldn't enter the race looking for an excuse to pass. Only do so if you're suddenly surprised about someone who's barely moving.

With a pace lap, starting in the front is more of an advantage than usual, so that factor will have to be part of this race. As usual, patience will assist any driver starting towards the back. 8)
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

jesse rathbun wrote:so basicly 1. we will go around on the pace lap just to get the grid right 2. on the second lap everyone will run through pit lane to see where they will be pitting (no real reason to stop just look for your board) 3. go another lap to get lined up again then "go"
dont mean to sound stupid but... :? dont want to screw anyone or myself....

and Purple .....is what color a smurf will change when you chock em.. :lol:
We will start the race in random format and allow everyone to make it to the pits to find their stall. it shouldnt have to take more that 1 time around for that. After everyone finds their stall, we will restart the server and conduct the pace lap/start.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

then you will not likely be penalized for passing
Whenever this quote is used a penalty is sure to follow unless your a rookie or habitually a moron/team NHRL member.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Whatever happened to just qualifying? All this to me seems like a lot of nonsense. I don't get why we just don't qualify, then we all know where are pit stalls are. Then do a pace lap for the grid issues and go racing. Then again, I'm just a douchebag so i don't know anything.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

So much anger :evil: I say we invert the field and ill start first. Is that good for everyone :idea: It sure works for me
Last edited by Stick77 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I call 2nd. :grin:
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I vote for a requalifying lap, so I can get a better start position than 14th ,ANDa pace lap for grid issues.
If not ,then,I ask this question:
What is wrong with a pace lap,followed by a double file start,from a dead stop "sprint race results"line up,each row a couple car lengths spaced
apart,that places the last row just passed the Start /Finish line? This way the pole position is starting out , way before, the first turn .Then the back of the
field has a much more fair start,rather than having to make up 3/4's of a lap in a such a small 55 lap race!!! :mrgreen:
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Only in America. This isn't a democracy, and the admin's not calling for votes. Historically all democracies eventually fail. Don't fear change. Arbeit macht frei. Just accept what Ihr Feurher wants and move forward. :badgrin:
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Es ist mein Weg oder die Autobahn
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Reef wrote:Es ist mein Weg oder die Autobahn
for those of you dont comprehend
translation =this is my way or the motorway
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

SpeedyExiter wrote:this is my way or the motorway
Which loosly translated means My way or the highway!

Look we had all the polls and suggestions threads when the old season concluded... Now is not the time to bark out wanted rule changes.

Happens in EVERY racing league, Driver-X wants a new rule out of nowhere. Admin-X shoots him down. Driver-X gets his panties all in a wad, cries, and tries to start a new league with a really shitty website, that no one joins, Driver-X comes back with his tail between his legs.

The admins do what they do for a reason. They are also the admins, because no one else wants to do the shit. So, if we want to race here, we respect the rules they make, or hit the road and find somewhere else to race. That simple.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image