Heat Crashes when joining online?

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Heat Crashes when joining online?

Post by Gotspeed24 »

was hoping could help me out here. my eat crashes as soon as a i go to race in multiplayer mode.....i have enabled hardcore mode, but now im not sure....ive attached the crash log...hopefully someone can guide me here......i have essentials with 1.80 patch....thanks guys

Jul 5 2004 16:20:40 N W32 M6 R senor_b
28.26.262: ======================================================================
28.26.262: mem: p/s/t t/a 255M/135M 1002M/885M 2047M/2025M
28.26.282: JoyBegin
28.26.292: Joystick 0: "Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB)"
28.26.292: joy 0: create_joystick
28.26.292: joy: created 0 as "Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB)"
28.26.292: joy 0: turned off deadzone
28.26.312: joy 0: Created x-effect
28.26.312: joy 0: created y effect
28.26.312: joy 0: created spring effect
28.26.312: Config Dir: C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\
28.26.312: Add-on tracks dir: "C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\tracks\"
28.26.312: mod: trying mod "nhrlcup"...28.26.312: mod.cfg found ok.
28.26.312: mod: Config Dir override: C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\nhrlcup\
28.26.312: Running on WinNT version 5.1:2600 Service Pack 3
28.30.408: ddraw: created directdraw with nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200 (Microsoft Corporation))
28.30.408: ddraw: version 0.0.0.0
28.31.129: vid: 64 meg card (reported:63.695313)
28.31.139: vid: using AGP textures (196), total: 64
28.31.179: vid: triple buffer on
28.31.219: texture: supports compressed solid texture
28.31.690: mr: 3D performance: 325 MPix/sec, 5135 KTris/sec
28.31.690: mr: fill rate is GREAT, poly rate is AWESOME, machine speed is 1200
28.32.501: bink(intro.bik): open failed (Error opening file.)
28.32.651: using sound mixer Sound
28.33.502: Using user driver file
28.33.632: res: ResourceGet("rtp.img") not found, returning NULL!
28.33.632: Empty image: rtp.img

28.33.642: res: ResourceGet("ITZone.img") not found, returning NULL!
28.33.642: Empty image: ITZone.img

28.33.642: res: ResourceGet("b_career.img") not found, returning NULL!
28.33.642: Empty image: b_career.img

29.16.344: Car 0 : NET_CAR " nhrlcup" by Grove
29.16.344: Car 1 : NET_CAR " nhrlcup" by kyle
29.16.344: Car 2 : NET_CAR " nhrlcup" by sly1
29.19.809: ======================================================================
29.19.809: () Panic: Can't load resource set "Texas.trk"
29.19.809: ======================================================================
29.19.829: except: dec: exe 6ae1e74
Reef
League Member

Re: Heat Crashes when joining online?

Post by Reef »

you are running heat essentials, and dont have the original tracks that came with the game. you need those

My suggestion is to drop 5 bucks on ebay and buy the cd. essentials is just one problem after another.
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Post by Gotspeed24 »

ok...grove also told me to do that..thanks guys
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Post by Gotspeed24 »

does anyone run the "essentials" and get heat to work in multiplayer?
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Gotspeed24 wrote:does anyone run the "essentials" and get heat to work in multiplayer?
Yes...lots of folks do.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Several it works great...(The same as regular heat for the most)
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Post by Gotspeed24 »

ok...thats what i thought. i wonder whats up w/ mine?? i have no problem buying the game...i had it and now cant find it :) lol i just dont want to wait for it, but im gonna have to i guess...thanks for your help guys
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

It is not working because you dont have the track.... Heat wont load if you dont have Texas when Texas is loaded on the server...

http://www.amazon.com/NASCAR-Heat-Jewel ... 053&sr=1-1
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Post by Gotspeed24 »

it does show texas in my run folder as texas_SP.trk. i got the tracks off the modsquad.com . is there a difference in the track files? ive notuced soome end in SP and others in NX?
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

Those are addon tracks. You need the original tracks.
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Post by Gotspeed24 »

thanks skoty...where can i get the original tracks? one other thing. i just realized i was using the older mod launcher..i just updates to the newest one
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

1) Nothing updates on its own... Mod launcher comes with the essentials pack...

2) Every track you have was created by someone in the heat community... They are add on tracks...

3) The only way to get the original tracks (i.e. California, Daytona, Texas, ect..), legally, is to buy the game, I gave you a link in the previous post...

The tracks you are speaking of are different, created by track modlers as (mods) so to say... (i.e. Texas_SP, Bristol_NX, ect..)
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Post by Gotspeed24 »

ok...got ya. i was curious how everyone else is running the game online with essentials? they must have got the files from somewhere else. ok though, thats cool.....ill just keep trying to find mt heat disc or ill ebay one tonight,,,,thanks for your guys help
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

NHRL runs the original tracks (which come on the CD version).

Essentials is a stripped down version of the game meant for addon mods or addon tracks.It doesn't come with any original cars or original tracks that the CD came with...as that would be a copyright violation and thus, illegal.

It would also be illegal to post those original tracks on the net somewhere...again, a copyright violation.

Think of Essentials as sort of a trial version or demo version that you can still play online with.You just can't play online with folks who use the original cars and tracks....unless you go out and buy the game (it's very cheap too).

Maybe NHRL needs to make a new rule up, since they mostly use the original stuff....no one with Essentials can join. :wink:
Gotspeed24
Forum Member

Post by Gotspeed24 »

understood.....got heat on amazon.com for $5.00...the wait is on!
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Bubba wrote:NHRL runs the original tracks (which come on the CD version).

Essentials is a stripped down version of the game meant for addon mods or addon tracks.It doesn't come with any original cars or original tracks that the CD came with...as that would be a copyright violation and thus, illegal.

It would also be illegal to post those original tracks on the net somewhere...again, a copyright violation.

Think of Essentials as sort of a trial version or demo version that you can still play online with.You just can't play online with folks who use the original cars and tracks....unless you go out and buy the game (it's very cheap too).

Maybe NHRL needs to make a new rule up, since they mostly use the original stuff....no one with Essentials can join. :wink:
I just waana say that I wasnt putting down the concept of essentials in a previous post, I was exactly what you said, but with far less words. (my bad, I should have explained better.) You guys over at mod squad have done wonders with the game. The only reason I posted that it causes problems is, lately everyone and their sister who is under the age of 14 has found essentials and joined in here asking the very same questions..."Why can't I get this to work? Where are the tracks? I need help now!!!" I would be willing to bet that if these people would actually have read the files and posts over there before coming over here and askin stupid questions there wouldnt be half as many problems. To the guys over there that worked hard Essentials, I appologize if I offended you. Keep up the good work.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I am 14 and if you are talking about mustang and i you are wrong, we both use the disk. I am using the original disk from 2000 it has the scratches to prove it. I got this game when i was six and thats why its in the condition it is in. if you look on ebay there are mint disks for 2 or 3 bucks. Though somehow on my vista laptop i played heat with the disk once then installed essentials and it still has the original tracks (they work) but cant find the track files. a bit strange if i dont say so!!!
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

That's ok, Reef. After talking with Skoty, he explained what you meant. I fully agree with you on what you meant too. :wink:

It's just the thing I don't get is, why people who download Essentials from The Mod Squad, and then have problems, seem to go to other places about the problems. Why not go to the source, where the support is at? :|

Another thing that irks me is, people who ask questions at our site that could have used the search function of the forums and found the answer. Most of the questions have been answered numerous times before.

I understand that it might be folks new to the game, coming from other games, and it takes awhile to learn things with Heat.We all had to go through that stuff...and most of us at The Mod Squad can pinpoint things like the log errors and all kinds of issues like this, with the CD version or Essentials either one.Many of us are there to help when we can. :wink:

I also understand that after 9+ years, numbers have dwindled down alot...and getting large fields might be harder to do.

But back many years ago...there was a place for these younger kids to go race online, without distracting the adults, without the problems...etc. I think it was called "Heat for Kids" or something like that...and was a league devoted entirely to those under 18, I think it was...something like that anyways.

I think it would be great if something like that was started back up...and one adult volunteered to oversea the place (forums, league...etc).And it would be nice if that person could help with problems...and be able to use a search button and find it's answer. :smile:

Yeah....it might take numbers away from some leagues and stuff...but at the same time, it might help to make the adults lives easier...and the kids too.By being able to separate the two, into 2 types of leagues. :smile:
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

=D>
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

LOL. BMX. You don't need the disc once you install it from the original CD. Didn't you see this when you dowloaded the 1.80 Patch? NOOB! :wink:
http://www.nascarheatracingleague.com/d ... s/patches/