CUP09 Road America

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
bmxtwins
League Member

CUP09 Road America

Post by bmxtwins »

Laps: 20
Realism: Hardcore
AI Strength: Medium
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 242 kyle 45:14.975 127.184 20
2 510 Reef +5.011 127.158 0
3 43 Petty +22.952 128.732 0
4 652 d3efan +52.574 128.672 0
5 871 lepage71 +54.440 128.418 0
6 18 TKR Harding +1:06.7 127.916 0
7 3 Grove +1L 131.298 0
8 25 Bmxtwins +1L 129.941 0
9 201 DusterLag +1L 134.113 0
10 581 EdBurchell +2L 131.315 0
11 1 sly1 +2L 141.512 0
12 779 Speedyexite +3L 139.851 0
13 188 wild child DNF 134.385 0
14 21 Mustangman DNF 135.647 0
bmxtwins
League Member

Re: CUP09 Road America

Post by bmxtwins »

Great race, starting from 6th i got ahead a bit early and nabbed 5th for my self. 2nd pit run i smashed walll losing a tire. Oh well 8th is fine :grin:
Hey harding good race.

Maybe nbs will be better.

Sorry to d3 or grove dont remember but in the first lap i was forced in front of you and you tapped my rear. Also sorry to duster, I guess i got you in the pits but my replay doesnt show a thing like that

will upload screeny for u tomoro.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Good Win Kyle.Image
CKA-19
League Member

Post by CKA-19 »

Good win Kyle!!!
Ed Burchell
#19 CKA/Exlander Ford
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Good 1st and 2nd. I expected as much, given you two were on the server more than anyone, which I think also contributes to your excellent control and respect for others on the track. Great job.
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

Yeh I'm quite happy with how I finished up. I had a cracker 1st gear and was really quick off the line. So when we started I wondered why everyone was sitting around hesitating before gunning it right up the middle of everyone. Which was a risky move but I knew I should find a gap further up the field to get into before going into turn 1 which I did luckily in 2nd place. Right behind Kyle over the next few laps I got really close to Kyle but I was lacking consistency and kept getting distracted by people mowing lawns in my neighborhood, going off track a few to many times than I would have wanted and making little mistakes that everyone else just didn't seem to make. Reef got past and seemed to slow right up once in front of me unaware I slammed into the back of him damaging my spoiler. Petty got past shortly after before the stop. Going into the pits I lost all power as my fuel ran out and struggling to my stall dropping me right back to 7th. Being quite amped and a lil frustrated I hit the track with that lighting mcqueen attitude and over the next two laps took 4secs out of lepage and clocked in a 2.07 and a low 2.08. Getting right up to the back of lepage waiting for the slightest of mistakes for the rest of the race but they just never happened not a single mistake. I was the faster car in bursts. Trying to put pressure onto Lepage but it just wasn't happening when I started to see minor (I'm talking about 1/4 carwidth off line) mistakes I would make a mistake and give him more breathing room. Awesome race.

Would have been good if I didn't have the fuel problem at the end of the first stint. I could maybe have kept a hold of that 3rd spot but I guess we will never know. Cant wait till next time :grin: .
Every dog has his day
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Haha no, you just knew id move over to let you by.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Pees in a pod. That's what I was talking about. Only reason you two got away with what you did, not knowing what the penalties are yet, is you had more mature drivers trying to honor the rules ahead of you. I'm not trying to bash you guys, just trying to help you by making a point. You had decent cars not doubt, and finished well. But, in the old days, you would have certainly got punted by someone for some of the moves you made. It would have showed much more class and maturity if you would have been a little more patient. If you're that good, you would have gotten up there anyway. That's exactly what causes the exhausting repeated problems at short tracks and short first turns at other tracks. Wouldn't it be more gratifying to race cleanly, and earn your postition cleanly, while earning the other drivers respect. I know I feel like crap when I get in someone's way unnecesarily. If you answer any thing other than yes to that, it is a reflection of your lack of maturity and respect in this league. Exactly what our negative issues have been. In both of your recaps I only heard excuses and not genuine apologies for the reckless driving. No rebutal is necessary, wanted, and would only be another reflection of maturity in our this context. Just think about what I've said. If I get penalized at all for this post, it was necessarily worth it, and I know several others who would agree. I don't want to see anyone here booted, but I will say what needs to be said to bring you up to speed so I can enjoy the times spent with you in the long run, like I have others. Anyone who's lasted here has had some of these issues in the past, but we've worked with each other and put our differences behind us.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

As far as Bmx is concerned, I didn't see too much wrong with his start of the race. The grid stopped right in front of him and he instinctively swerved to the left. The same thing happened to me on the other side when someone botched the start. The instant wheel damage wasn't a fun surprise just 3 seconds into the race. After going 3-wide for a moment, Bmx was hit from behind and slid across the grass in turn 1. I haven't seen him after lap 2 but, to be fair, I don't think there's a lot to criticize for his first lap. You might fault him for not backing down after missing d3, but it all happened pretty quickly.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

lepage71 wrote:As far as Bmx is concerned, I didn't see too much wrong with his start of the race. The grid stopped right in front of him and he instinctively swerved to the left. The same thing happened to me on the other side when someone botched the start. The instant wheel damage wasn't a fun surprise just 3 seconds into the race. After going 3-wide for a moment, Bmx was hit from behind and slid across the grass in turn 1. I haven't seen him after lap 2 but, to be fair, I don't think there's a lot to criticize for his first lap. You might fault him for not backing down after missing d3, but it all happened pretty quickly.

If im not mistaken I braked at a fairly reasonable time being cautious as it was the first lap and my car was like ice in the first turn of the race.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Well I started 5th, not that their racing affected me really, but I didn't see anyone stop ahead of me. If you're hauling into everyone, then yes it would be "as if" the grid stopped, and turn one is like ice if you go into it way too fast. I'm not going to continue to debate this. I'm trying to encourage in the right direction. That's the last I'm saying on this, and moving on. Thank you very much.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

For clarification:

I braked at a normal time being caution also and you just got me, not bad or anything but your saying nothing happened? There was some twitchy stuff out there and was probably the combo of 15 people and thin mode.
Im glad you were unharmed grove. No harm no foul :grin: . I think you actually helped me by speeding me up lol.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

who cares
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Just in case noone got bmx's comments here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBxAC-8yXxg
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

I'm sorry if any of my moves on track disadvantaged any other driver. I knew the move at the start was risky. But I was going to make it safe into the 1st corner. Even if that meant backing right off. Worst case scenario would have seen me back were I was in that gap. But I see your point and yes it was a possibility for an incident to occur. I'm sorry if that happened. And in the future I will watch out there. :wink: .

If you were referring to my bump into Reef, that was my mistake I thought I could stick right behind him and potentially have a shot to get alongside Reef out of the last turn along the straight. I'm not sure what happened but I read the situation wrong and suffered damage to myself and Damage to Reef. I am fully aware that I may receive a penalty for this.

I did drive off track a few times. That's just not enough practice on worn tires for me. My own fault and I shall be penalized for that. :oops:

I have a few things to work on before my next event, Road America being my first race here in quite a while. Only racing at Pocono and Brand Hatch in NBS last year with minimal practice. My first Cup race ever, so I am welcome to any advice anyone has for me. :grin:

For example I was unsure what to do when I ran out of fuel down pit road weather to stay right over to the left and have everybody drive around me. Or pull a car width in so people could continue their own normal pit road as I coasted along.

Harding :alien:
Every dog has his day
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Cudo's Harding. Very respectible post. That's all we're asking for. BMX, take notes. :badgrin:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Agreed, I do cringe when I hear comments of "not enough practice on old tires." though =; My god man, that's exactly what one should be working on - and pitting. Darlington will be a place where excuses will not be tolerated by me. Alot of the league vets will be running real hard here and there's no excuse for someone to just be practicing that fast lap, just to fade fast and become a menace to the rest of the field, pitting every 10th lap or so. This track is very narrow too. If your car is really off the pace then run your race on the apron - really. A slower car is one thing, but a menace has got to go! Consider this - if you consistently finish races 2 or more laps down (and I won't even go into the reasons that happens), Darlington will be a place where you may want to take the extra time to practice. No room for foolishness here.

Not talking to anyone in particular, just a word of caution.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Hmmm. Sounds like future Admin talk to me. :lol:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

You really don't want me to be an Admin lol. [-X
Petty43
League Member