CTS CALI

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
mustangman759
League Member

CTS CALI

Post by mustangman759 »

RACE RESULTS

Track: California
Laps: 70
Realism: Hardcore
AI Strength: Medium
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 333 Rookiesrock 50:34.947 40.316 60
2 271 lepage71 +2.968 40.239 9
3 252 d3efan +1L 40.320 1
4 349 CR49 +1L 40.105 0
5 408 Easton +1L 40.326 0
6 753 bover907 +1L 40.082 0
7 342 kyle +1L 40.226 0
8 91 GTSVip9 +1L 40.016 0
9 821 Mustangman +2L 40.391 0
10 155 Reef +3L 40.203 0
11 247 Ramrock47 +3L 40.193 0
12 179 Speedyexite +4L 40.650 0
13 992 BlackKnight +4L 40.808 0
14 223 Wild Child DNF 40.715 0
15 88 green51 DNF 40.340 0
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Reef
League Member

Re: CTS CALI

Post by Reef »

Good win Rook. Could have been fun up there racing for the win but that was thwarted by a lack of patience and tact. Would have been nice to see an apology for wrecking 90% of the field on lap 7 of 70, but that person didn't hang around long enough to receive a hard stare.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

You know what Reef, I have a lot of respect for you but posting something like that loses a lot of it. What happened was I made a mistake. It's happened before, and it will happen again. That's racing. Call it whatever you want. You can go around pointing fingers and blaming others for doing this or that all you want on here but in the end you need to remember one thing, this is only a game. 90% of the drivers in this league take this game so seriously that you would think finishing outside the top 5 meant they don't eat for the next week. Yes I am sorry for getting a bunch of drivers involved in my mistake but I wasn't going to hang around in the server to get pm after pm from people complaining that I ruined their race. The next 2 cts races will be my last races here.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

In Reef we trust.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

LOL @ Easton!

Look, guys. Just like in real life, you're going to get hot-headed comments about wrecks in races, and stuff. It's all part of it. Cooler heads always prevail, and I can tell you GTS, that if you asked for a file or some kind of help in the forum tomorrow, Reef would probably be amongst (if not) the first to reply with some help.

My first NHRL season, in like my 3rd or 4th race, I caught the apron at Talladega from 6th place and took out like 9 or 10 drivers. Thing is, I was mortified by this, and within 2 minutes of the race ending, there was a forum post containing an apology to all I'd caught up in my catching the apron. I'd be willing to bet that if that was there, No one would have even posted anything.

Not being the "devils advocate", but you know what I mean.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

bover907 wrote:LOL @ Easton!

Look, guys. Just like in real life, you're going to get hot-headed comments about wrecks in races, and stuff. It's all part of it. Cooler heads always prevail, and I can tell you GTS, that if you asked for a file or some kind of help in the forum tomorrow, Reef would probably be amongst (if not) the first to reply with some help.

My first NHRL season, in like my 3rd or 4th race, I caught the apron at Talladega from 6th place and took out like 9 or 10 drivers. Thing is, I was mortified by this, and within 2 minutes of the race ending, there was a forum post containing an apology to all I'd caught up in my catching the apron. I'd be willing to bet that if that was there, No one would have even posted anything.

Not being the "devils advocate", but you know what I mean.
I agree with bov and reef,.a simple apology after the race would have been the right thing to do,.yes mistackes are made even by the best of us and I was one of the drivers that suffered damage from that crash,..and yes its only a game,.. but most of us spend hours upon hours working on our setups,and pit strategys, and fuel and tire runs,..so that on race day we feel that we can shoot for a top 5 or even a win,.and we go out there and do the best that we can with what we have,..only to get crashed out early in the race is very disapointing,..but a simle apology would have defused a lot of the complaining about ruining a drivers race,...I for one dont want to see you quit,..I think your a good driver, you just made a mistake, that apron can bite you in the a$$,.we have all been there,..so stop and think about it,..you know what you need to do,.suck it up and do it.... :-|
Ramrock47
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

i dont want to get involved or anything but mistakes happen, Gts could have apolozied sooner but maybe he wanted to think of how to word his apology... now i had got caught up in the wreck (sorta) im not saying off with his head am i?
But the putting down of other drivers for their mistakes isnt needed... im shure everyone here has taken out a good part of the field before...
so no need to gang up on vip...
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Its only a game but your racing the best talent out there. And yes GTS you are one of the them. Drivers want to race the best competition they can. Saying its "only a game" is like telling Kyle Busch not to get mad because he gets paid to drive the car regardless of his finish.

im shure everyone here has taken out a good part of the field before...
In 280 starts I have once taken out a large portion of the field and I remember once in 2006 when Lepage did and he has over 400 starts. Minimizing the importance of causing a wreck is disrespectful. It is not taken lightly. You should not have so many accidents that you cannot remember them. So not "everyone" has. If your not respectful of the seriousness of your competition then your destined to end up like BMX and Spider.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Since too many are taking the easy stance on this, I'll actually offer some support for GTS here.

I completely understand why he left the server early. There's no reason to sit there and be hassled by drivers who haven't seen the replay. And precisely how do we know that he wasn't going to address this issue on the forum? Obviously, he won't - and shouldn't - after this treatment.

Personally, I don't care whether GTS apologized or not. It's his prerogative. I already know that he's a good competitor and the replay shows that what happened was a common mistake. I realize I wasn't in the crash, but I've been in plenty before, and I have no desire to stand around and wait for some apology. It's already a given based on his record of respect and sportsmanship. Something not everyone around here can claim.

Like GTS, I don't take this game too seriously and it's always worked out fine for me. Rather than phonily elevate ourselves above him, let's try to follow his example on and off the track.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Bottom line is this. GTS wasn't the only one who raced for spots in those opening laps. He's just the only one unfortunate enough to have caught the apron. So, I would hardly call that lack of patience and tact.

I was just saying that had I been in that predicament, I'd have posted a message something to the effect of Sorry to anyone caught up when I got the apron. That's all.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

"Thats the way we do it in the real world,I've had to walk over to another mans trailer on more than one occasion to take responsibility for a wreck,and on some of them occasions even though I knew in my heart it was my fault,the other guy would just say,"Nah,man it was just racing",knowing damn well it was my fault but seeing I had the decency to man up and accept blame.Letting it end there"

Thats from a post I made in a previous thread,and I've been on both ends of the deal,the one doing the apologizing and the one be apologized to.And believe me if a man walks up to you in real life with thousands of dollars of real world damage and he's sincerely sorry,it's pretty hard to crawl his ass.Only one time in real life did a guy not accept my apology ,and I sure enough wrecked him.But you know the next week we spoke and after he'd had a week to cool off we were and still are cool.
GTS I sure don't want to see you quit,but from what I've written above your apology may have not took Saturday night but I guarantee by midweek all would have been cool.I hope you reconsider and decide to stay with us.
I've also had people come over to me after the race and ask "What the F@#KS your problem dumbass?",at which time an apology usually isn't worth the effort of opening your mouth,lmao.
Was no right or wrong as far as not apologizing goes I don't guess, that's up to each individual as how he wants to handle his situation.Also it's in knowing your competitors,their tactics and on track history,myself If any of you guys caused a big crash that took me out I would know it was an accident especially early in a race,because we really have a good bunch of guys here. Again GTS I really hope you reconsider and stay with us.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

retroracer wrote:Again GTS I really hope you reconsider and stay with us.
Well I had been planning on running just a limited NBS schedule since I'm busy with real racing from the end of March to the beginning of October which makes it about impossible to run Saturday nights and can only devote maybe an hour to an hour and a half to any race I run here but I'm not sure anymore. The reason I came here was for the competition level, which is without a doubt of the highest level here, but there are some other aspects that I don't particularly care for. I may still decide to run a few races, maybe just do some subbing, or maybe not. Time will tell.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Come on though really, tell us about the wreck. I was wondering too, why you had been mum all week. I don't know if someone had said something stupid to you already in private (wrong!).
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

I feel the replay speaks for itself, there is no need for any further comment on my part. On to the next race.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

can some post replay for cali pls my computer crashed and im on new computer and would like to see that good move i did and to see what point i lost my computer on