Open Topic

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

Open Topic

Post by lepage71 »

For our annual polling session of 2010, please share any additional suggestions that you have in this thread. For instance, which rules changes would you recommend? Or what courses did you like or dislike? Please offer specific ideas rather than general statements about something that's not perfect.
Reef
League Member

Re: Open Topic

Post by Reef »

I have a suggestion... Currently the rules read the the Hard Charger bonus is awarded only if 15 or more drivers start a race. It is my opinion that if a racer is eligible to receive this bestowment that he should receive the bonus points regardless of the amount of drivers who started the race.

What do you think on this?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I guess the 15 driver requirement is what puts the "hard" in hard charger bonus. Otherwise it'd just be the "charger bonus", lol. I'm fine with it in it's current format, but wouldn't mind it the othere way.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Reef wrote:I have a suggestion... Currently the rules read the the Hard Charger bonus is awarded only if 15 or more drivers start a race. It is my opinion that if a racer is eligible to receive this bestowment that he should receive the bonus points regardless of the amount of drivers who started the race.

What do you think on this?
agreed because some races last season think was 2/3 races only 14 or 13 drivers showed up and in some NBS races only 10 people showed up last season
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Agree with Reef. If you can move up through the field with the top 5+ in this group, I think you deserve it regardless of how many people are racing.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I'm open to removing the 15 drivers clause, but I'd first like to investigate who would have won those bonuses in the "under 15" fields that we had last season. In the past, this rule didn't exist and the bonuses tended to pile up among the top finishers in each race. In other words, more bonus points, on average, were distributed among the drivers who were already earning them for running up front. Maybe someone can check this out for us.

If this is an issue, then perhaps we could switch the rule to "only drivers who start outside position X on the grid are eligible for this bonus." That might be a workaround...
Henderson
League Member

Post by Henderson »

I agree with that Lepage. I see what you are thinking to. Like the guys who finished in the Top 5 would usually get that award due to the small field. I think that the position X idea would be a great compromise though.
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

North Wilks comes to mind. 14 drivers started, I started 13th, finished 5th, no bonus because 1 more didn't start. There are also a few certain veterans that like to start in the rear and make their way to the front on a regular basis to receive these points when applicable.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i agree with reef on that one big time :)
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Since this is an open forum for suggestions.

If there are road course run I'd like to see these ;) :
Valencia - http://s225548690.online.de/files/track ... lencia.exe
Limerock - 04 from TMS or the (T) version
Le Mans 24 hr version - http://themodsquad.uni.cc/modules.php?n ... load&cid=2
Zolder - http://s225548690.online.de/files/track ... older2.exe
Oulton Park - http://s225548690.online.de/files/track ... n_Park.exe
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

We've already discussed that topic. Most road courses do not provide adequate pit boxes.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Oh yeah, and this was started as open suggestion thread for 2010 season. For simplicity please go with 2011 suggestions thread that's been started unless lepage indicates otherwise.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

I would like to run a Craftman Truck Race at Mesa Marin raceway,..Because that is where the Trucks came from,..the prototype truck was built in Gary Collins shop at Mesa Marin Raceway and it was tested there,..it was very sucsessful so they built 5 more trucks,..and the first race with the craftsman Trucks was at Mesa Marin Raceway,...I was there I saw it all happen,.and it was awesome,..I was also at the october classic they ran late modles winston west and craftsman trucks it was a three day weekend ,...and it was bad ass,...I,ll never forget it,...those Trucks kicked ass,...I would like to have Mesa Marin raceway on the NHRL Craftman Trucks. That is where they busted out of the stable and took to the track,.....lets run the home track LP,....Please.
Ramrock47
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Again Fellas, remember that this was a 2010 suggestion thread. I know everyone's so anxious to get their thoughts in, but lets wait until the annual polls come out. OK?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image