Pitstall box

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Pitstall box

Post by SpeedyExiter »

How many times have u seen this? The car pitting ahead of you is not in his pitstall box.Why isn't this a penalty?
Notinpitbox.gif
There's a penalty for catching the corner of the 4th pitstall as you exit your pitstall, which has little or no effect on the
outcome of the race ,yet this type of infraction causes all kinds of chaos.Its not that hard to pull further in, as to allow the car behind ,room to exit with ease. any answers?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bover907
League Administrator

Re: Pitstall box

Post by bover907 »

The main reasons,
  1. sometimes if you're slow enough, the crew grabs control of your car, before you can finish adjusting it,
  2. Remember with heat, cars don't show exactly to others where the driver sees it. On his end he may be fully in his pit stall.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Patch is actually a good amount in front of the yellow jack marker.

That being said at Atlanta i had to keep backing up for easton, and he was fully in his stall.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

bover907 wrote:sometimes if you're slow enough, the crew grabs control of your car, before you can finish adjusting it
Nice try ,Bover! ;) I find this sort of amusing, since the crew doesn't even start to service your car until you step fully on the brake and come to a complete stop!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

How about patch didn't want to hit your car?

We've all had to back up to get out of our stall in the past.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

bover907 wrote:sometimes if you're slow enough, the crew grabs control of your car, before you can finish adjusting it

Nice try ,Bover! I find this sort of amusing, since the crew doesn't even start to service your car until you step fully on the brake and come to a complete stop!
Technically the crew comes out when your wheels are no longer rotating. If all 4 wheels are locked up when you hit your box, then the crew will start wherever you end up. I'm suprised this hasn't come up in the last 10 years. I suppose there will have to be a rule about staying in your pitbox since it is within the drivers control. Although in the instance above, I would say he is well within his personal space. In almost every race a driver has to back up to clear the car in front of him. It is what it is, suck it up buttercup!
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

why wouldn't you cut your wheel hard right when getting out instead of going forward and out....you didn't just clip his pitstall going out your whole car is in his space..just saying thats how i see it
Kyle
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

SpeedyExiter wrote:
Nice try ,Bover! ;) I find this sort of amusing, since the crew doesn't even start to service your car until you step fully on the brake and come to a complete stop!
I've had plenty of times where I slid to a stop on old tires, and the crew grabbed control of my car whilst it was still all cockeyed. Oftern times a driver just can't help that. Which IMO leads us back to what rookie said.

What we do penalize in the pits are the things a drive CAN help, i.e. driving thru too many stalls, the wrong lane, etc.

Also, a note about driving thru stalls penalties. I don't know how any driver gets one of these. I basically use one stall on the way in, and one stall on the way out. How a driver can use more than three going in or out is beyond me. Just sayin.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Buttercup....I like that. Review me in Daytona Bove, and you'll see how you can do that. :meanlaughter
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

SpeedyExiter wrote:
LIES!
Check daytona replay, I got stuck in GTS' box fully!