CUP Daytona

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
Rookiesrock
League Member

CUP Daytona

Post by Rookiesrock »

RACE RESULTS

Track: Daytona
Laps: 58
Realism: BBFF
AI Strength: BBFF
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 702 Hammer 45:07.804 44.482 29
2 125 Bmxtwins +11.510 44.504 16
3 721 Mustangman +11.571 44.495 5
4 101 DusterLag +25.960 44.592 0
5 48 Rookiesrock +44.831 44.505 8
6 183 DaveO +1L 44.498 0
7 24 PParady +1L 44.509 0
8 31 d3efan +1L 44.494 0
9 892 BlackKnight +1L 44.623 0
10 171 GTSVip9 +1L 44.682 0
11 7 T-bone +1L 44.353 0
12 126 Patch +2L 44.422 0
13 257 JB0007 +2L 44.686 0
14 6 cracin +2L 45.232 0
15 253 bover907 +2L 44.367 0
16 407 Grumpy +2L 45.056 0
17 912 Dracin +2L 44.833 0
18 142 kyle +3L 44.488 0
19 279 Breeze +22L 44.453 0
20 27 Thetrev DNF 44.358 0
21 1 guru23 DNF 57.999 0
22 102 Wild Child DNF 44.798 0
tjwild
League Member

Re: CUP Daytona

Post by tjwild »

nice win Hammer way to go looks like Daytona gets the best of me again maybe next season ill beat the track my luck will change at this track soon i fell it coming :)
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Uggghhh. I WRECKED MYSELF from 5th late in the race. Ran outta talent there. Thanks for drafting with me Duster. Glad you could stay in 4th!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Its np wc you just cost me a potential win....
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Mustang wrote
Its np wc you just cost me a potential win....
Many things cost drivers a potential win last night. You can't just blame your demise on speculation of where you planned to end up. If you ask most drivers, they all plan on winning and they all have a situation that happened on the track that they can blame.

For the next plate track Talledega, I suggest a rule to deter all the one time hero's. Teams that gather all their buddies to race, should take the time to ensure they know the pitting rules, as should ANY new driver. Exiting was a major issue last night with teams squeezing the high line in turn 2 and on the back stretch. Beware there will be plenty of penalties dished out. Sorry doesn't cut it because cheating to be in the correct positions with your friends gives you an unfair advantage. Repeat offenders should lose positions and the privlege to race the next plate track. I'm all for welcoming new drivers to this league, but not ones that show up just to help a buddy and then show disrespect for this league and the rules by not following the rules.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Rookies right in his explanation of last nights race. Also it wouldn't hurt if guys took the time to do a little bit of practice prior to a race... You don't need to spend HOURS doing it. I've seen the same guys practicing during the past week. Even helped a few with some drafting techniques. But, some people need to take a little bit of time to get familiar with a track before race time. There is help in this league to help guys on different levels. So there is no blame, if you don't reach out for help.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

All of our drivers spent time working pitting and drafting...
@ rook , i said potential because there was a chance to win.
But yea people need to practice we wrent here for 20 car fields we are here for faat safe racing
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

mustangman759 wrote:All of our drivers spent time working pitting and drafting...
But yea people need to practice we wrent here for 20 car fields we are here for faat safe racing
Mustang, I've seen you show up for practice and leave just as fast. Then also type like crazy placing blame on folks if they made a mistake in practice. What you need to do is stop the bitching and moaning, and actually be more positive and help guys correct there mistakes. So, instead of typing crap at guys all night, do the freaking opposite and show them how not to do something wrong again!! :twisted This way it makes racing more enjoyable for everyone on there own skill level..
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

My proposal is if your not a regular on the curcuit....And this is to stop these guys that just pop in for the plate races ,who don't care about points anyway is...you have to run the race before the plate race and after the plate race ......and if you decide your not running the race after ...then guess what you won't be running the next plate race...And My race wasn't ruined once last night but twice..And if it weren't for my teammate calming me down last night some of you wouldn't have finished where you did ...I race fair if someone is faster than me on a given track and they run me down i Move for them and let them go...If im running door to door with someone ,and i'm on the inside i let off early so i don't push up into them in the corners unlike some others who think they will run in hard and push up into the outside guy...This is what i'm going to do again..I will race you as you race me you wreck me by being a bone-head ...then exspect it back... you block me after i have ran you down ..exspect a fender to your quarter -panel.. And you can take that to the bank :evil
Kyle
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

:aliencheers =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :aliencheers
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

one thing i lurn in racing .is stutf happens and to help people out when there is a problem blames don't help no one out
but given ides out to help will we all make mu-stakes we are human. but like and we all want to win a race or 2 or more

Daveo is right some people do need stop bitch-en and try to help out .the game would be lot funner

Rookie has good point to
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Guys... even the pros do it. And even the pros get aggravated.

I agree with Kyle, it doesn't excuse the glory super stars of Daytona and Talladega, they were the ones that ultimately caused that wreck.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

For the next plate track Talledega, I suggest a rule to deter all the one time hero's. Teams that gather all their buddies to race, should take the time to ensure they know the pitting rules, as should ANY new driver. Exiting was a major issue last night with teams squeezing the high line in turn 2 and on the back stretch. Beware there will be plenty of penalties dished out. Sorry doesn't cut it because cheating to be in the correct positions with your friends gives you an unfair advantage. Repeat offenders should lose positions and the privlege to race the next plate track. I'm all for welcoming new drivers to this league, but not ones that show up just to help a buddy and then show disrespect for this league and the rules by not following the rules.
I know this is directed at me and my team. You know what BS rook. Trev raced ALL of trucks and has showed up for most of nationwide. He showed he knew how to be clean at nw, you cant go blaming us and him for anything. Yes he swerved or whatever and you guys collided but you know what it was a mistake. (rook you were lagging throughout race, so if you need proof ill get my replay up) But that doesnt mean he shouldnt be allowed to race. There was a time when everyone was a beginner. And trev is certaintly not a 1 time hero. I'm tired of this he said she said bull. Cut the crap. I came to practice had a great time, passed some pointers to BK about bump drafting and then went on with it. My race was messed up on lap 1 ish aswell with the guru thing, mustang waited for me and we charged to catch you and hammer from 4 seconds or so back. So enough with the blames and excuses. ITS RACING. ITS A GAME. Real life is waiting... this is for enjoyment.

Hammer - good win you earned it, you raced really clean and i didnt hear you bitching like everyone else about stupid things.

Dave- you got taken out by guru at the beginning and we didnt hear you causing ruckus at the lobby, thats how it should be handled. (as well as the others that clobbered to)

Bover- your a prestine example of sportmanship. Crap happens to you ALL the time and you never lose your cool.

grumpy- ALWAYS respectable on track, good example

Thanks,
Ray

personally all these guys should be role models imo.
i had one for every person but internet explorer crashed... basically all good except for those who have nothing nice to say ;)

sry for double post meant to add it to the edit

OH PS: Forgot: ITS DAYTONA CHILL OUT ON TRACK AND CHILL OUT POST RACE - thats my motto from now on lol
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

DaveO wrote:
mustangman759 wrote:All of our drivers spent time working pitting and drafting...
Mustang, I've seen you show up for practice and leave just as fast. Then also type like crazy placing blame on folks if they made a mistake in practice. What you need to do is stop the bitching and moaning, and actually be more positive and help guys correct there mistakes. So, instead of typing crap at guys all night, do the freaking opposite and show them how not to do something wrong again!! :twisted This way it makes racing more enjoyable for everyone on there own skill level..
So? I leave practice, if I do I still get up to speed. I will stop b/cing when people put sufficient practice time in before a race, or ask for help... If you ask I will give what help I can... I make mistakes to, i have taken the field out recently... But i practiced for that race and just slipped up a bit and hit another car. Wc sorry for throwing you out there as the scapegoat you were not the worst out there.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

lol
In Reef we trust.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

First post was a mis-edit

I appreciate the kind words, but there are some things I need to clarify.

The incident with guru wasn't entirely his fault. He held a line, even though he had plenty of room to move down a further lane. I know I held my line, and knew how close I was going to get to him. Apparently I hit him, yet on my replay I had a good margin between us. I know I could have just followed rook straight up, but when he called out that a car was exiting the pits I wanted to keep an eye on what was going on in case I needed to make a split second maneuver.

Trust me, I don't think anyone has any personal hate for Trev or any other member of LLM that suddenly made an appearance. Trev did a great job in the nbs race, but he had a hard time holding a line following you two (mustang and bmx) with a much more difficult car to handle. This is a plate track, the basics are straight forward. The cars do have the lowest settings for drag, so they do slide when jerking the wheel. At the point which he and rookie made contact, lag was no longer an issue. Rookie was twitchy at the start, after the first round of pit stops that diminished and was nonexistent. Helping your teammates is fine and whatever, but I just don't think it was a very wise move to get between the top four cars in your first race. Kyle has a point though. I'm not one to put words in anyone's mouth, but it seemed that many users on vent shared a consensus.

And, lets just relax with the whole "its just a game thing". We all understand that. For some of these guys this is the only video game they enjoy. They enjoy mixing it up in the front for wins and positions. Everyone understands that shit happens, but guys are going to get irritated at some things.
In Reef we trust.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

hammer wrote: And, lets just relax with the whole "its just a game thing". We all understand that. For some of these guys this is the only video game they enjoy. They enjoy mixing it up in the front for wins and positions. Everyone understands that shit happens, but guys are going to get irritated at some things.
:twothumbsup
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

mustangman759 wrote:
DaveO wrote:
I will stop b/cing when people put sufficient practice time in before a race, or ask for help... If you ask I will give what help I can... I make mistakes to, i have taken the field out recently... But i practiced for that race and just slipped up a bit and hit another car. Wc sorry for throwing you out there as the scapegoat you were not the worst out there.
Matt, that's the wrong attitude, practice is the time, to help guys, before race time. ;) So they can learn from there mistakes, and be able to correct them before race time. I'm talking about complaining during practices.. ;) That's the RIGHT time to help people get up to speed.. Learn a little patience, it goes a long way in racing and in real life.. ;)

Grumpy and I get together once a week for a couple of hours to work on his skills, and I'll tell yea, he's been doing real good. :mrgreen Pass down your knowledge to other folks!! ;)
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I echo DaveO's sentiments as well. I've kinda taken a driver under my wing, because with a good setup, he can do good on the race track. He proved it at Rockingham.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I was having a great run following the 1st melee, and had gone from 18th to 10th ,had passed GTSVIP and keeping speed steady so he and another driver that both had more damage than myself could keep up and draft with me, and then we all pitted together , nice and smoothly, when out of nowhere as i veered towards my pitstall, WHAM, somebody clipped me ,spinning me completely around ! I came back out 17-th or 18th and was all alone.I was so pissed, i decided after a few more laps, as i got more angrier that it was best to call it a day before i did a bonehead thing, so i just pulled my car over and disconnected. I have yet to view the replay, in hopes that whoever clipped me would have the decency to PM or say they were sorry! and time for me to cool down!Apparently they dont feel sorry!I will now view the replay! :mrgreen

UNfortuneately ,There is no replay posted yet for the CUp Daytona race! Could someoneplease post it or PM it to me,TY! :mrgreen