Cup Race @ Pocono

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: Cup Race @ Pocono

Post by GFN-Murray »

You said fwiw. Does that mean "f" what I wrote? If so, you must be as wacky as they say, lol. Problem with me is, I named my son "The 3rd", but that was when me and my dad was still getting along. Anyhow, about that "wreck magnet" deal. Just wanted to let you guys know, if I'm about to get lapped, I either go down on the apron or up close to the wall and let off the gas. I don't bother trying to "stay on a lap" because it's not worth the arguing headache to me. I just got done a race in another league where this wacky ass spun out against the wall facing traffic with cars coming(I just happened to be the first car in the line coming) and the goofy nit drove right down in front of me, got pissed off, and then came back the next lap and flipped me up into the fence. I don't play that crap. I don't get paid to do this, it's just a game. I think League owners should make it mandatory to use Vent to be in a points race, alot of that tomfoolery could be avoided. Whenever I have points races for my own league, I make it mandatory. I mean hell, guys can sit on their PC's all day downloading mods and tracks, what's Vent, like less then 10mb? I use a POS headset mic from WalMart that costs $14, guys spend more than that on the cases of Schlitz, Schaffer Light, Piels, and Strohs that they consume while playing these games, right?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Drinking and Driving can kill a race car lol.

Never pull onto the apron to let someone by. A wreck is sure to follow. All I do is keep my max speed for most of the straightaway, let off the gas a little bit early.... (The car behind me expects this, since I already told him to go low).

Then when you let off the gas a little early going into the corner, you're able to stay higher on the track half way thru the corner safely, without getting into the wall. The car passing almost always is clear before the apex of the corner. You are able to get back into the gas and exit the corner right behind the car that you just let by... Sometimes you even get a better exit then he does. you just feather the gas a bit.

All is well, and everyone is safe. Same way they do it on TV lol.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

fwiw = for what its worth

ef = f

and who is this "they" that says i am wacky? without mentioning any names, i doubt i would even be top 5 material in the all time nhrl wacky standings. ha! perhaps i was percieved as a nutjob wacko in the pre-ventrillo days, but some real screwballs have been exposed when vent came around. acually, i feel very normal these days all things considered.

alfred efstein
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

Ok, I understand the "fwiw" now. So far(to me, anyway) all you guys have been totally great. As far as the regular Nascar Heat "mod" that you guys use for Cup, and "Hardcore" mode, and using mirrors, and manual pitting I am a complete rook. I am really looking forward to the practice laps at the Bristol race to make sure I can get out of the way when getting lapped. The next full season when I can start at the same time as you guys will have a better turnaround.
I don't know what happened at Pocono, but I'm glad I wasn't there to cause any of it, lol.