2008 Daytona and Talladega "Low-Lining Rule"

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should lap-after-lap "low lining" at Daytona and Talladega be made illegal?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 22

d3efan
League Administrator

Re: 2008 Daytona and Talladega "Low-Lining Rule"

Post by d3efan »

I resent the term "line hugger" especially at dega and daytona. And I'm not only responding to your post Speedy, it's all of it, so plz dont take offense. if you've run these long enough you know it always just works out that the "low line" (a more apt term) is the best place to be. and if my ass is leading and you cant pass on the outside...well, guess where im gonna stay. "but your blocking, I'm so much faster than you are," lament the un-examined life people (lol). I wont even go into the reason that is so. "Ya think?" Is my reply.

So lets implement the rule. I'll ease on up after leading, um, how many laps? And let you (and the rest of the freaking field!) go by. And then you can do the same. But remember to go as far back as my ass was frieght-trained too. What a nightmare scenario.

Sure, in the words of Dale Jr. we look like "trained circus animals" just goin around in a line. But after awhile it breaks down to the usual 5 to 6 guys duking it out for the win. And then, they always know how to get the job done.
Last edited by d3efan on Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Well said dan!! =D> =D> =D>
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I could go on a while about this, and I started to. But I won't. LOL I think what really puts it in a nutshell is, that I think it would generally change the whole aspect of the race, and take away some of the familiar challanges that are plate racing. And sry guys, I like the variation of some plate races.

I DON'T WANT TO BE THE CAR BEHIND, AND BE GIVEN THE LEAD! I WANT TO EARN IT! THAT'S THE THRILL OF RACING!

Bad enough when you bobble and can't get back in line with the train, worse yet, losing the draft.

Hey here's one if you're considering that rule. If you're not already in a draft, or the last in a line of say 4 or more, and someone's struggling behind alone cause they lost the draft, you're required to slow down to pick the lone car up. LOL. That's the worst part of plate racing when you're hung out on your own. That can be boring and frustrating more than anything, so why don't we start with that.

Or not! Just kidding, but it's been said there is often truth in jest. :lol:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

I'll come back for ya Grove. :wink: