NBS- Daytona 500

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
CR49
League Member

Re: NBS- Daytona 500

Post by CR49 »

Maybe it has something to do with you being sent to the rear? Maybe they decided to treat it as a DNQ?
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

kyle wrote:a lil curious how this hard charger award works ... would anyone like tho explain how that works :shock:
Good question,kyle....I'd also like to know how a guy plows into you at the start ,disregard to any thing or any happenings ,like accidents up ahead of you,and then gets the Hard charger award,and no penalties!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

NHRL Rules wrote:Hard Charger Award: The driver who a) completes at least one lap in time trials and b) gains the most positions during a league race (starting grid position minus finishing position) earns the Hard Charger Award. A driver who struggles in time trials but recovers for a decent finish is a usual candidate for the Hard Charger Award. Since substitute drivers are not permitted to participate in time trials, they cannot capture the Hard Charger Award.
One can not receive the hard charger award if they are sent to the rear for a penalty. Kyle's infraction in the sprint race caused him to be sent to the rear of the field, thus eliminating him from eligibility. Basicly he had to take a provisional start and provisionals aren't eligable.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

SpeedyExiter wrote:
kyle wrote:a lil curious how this hard charger award works ... would anyone like tho explain how that works :shock:
Good question,kyle....I'd also like to know how a guy plows into you at the start ,disregard to any thing or any happenings ,like accidents up ahead of you,and then gets the Hard charger award,and no penalties!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Are you referring to me? How could I have hit you on the start if I started ahead of you?
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

No,Reef. :grin: I'm sorry. I shoulda stayed out of this one but was curious as to the criteria for the Hard Charger award. I was referring to another incident awhile back.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

To All the Baby Boomers. So a lot of you old dudes. :lol: A classic song for the weekend if you were born in the 1950's AND 1960's. You know you had it. You probably still listen to it. You actually have downloaded it on your iPod if your still far and groovy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNOCl7S7lU
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Actually, these are my two favs from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKu2Qayt ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCyKcwvV ... re=related

And No they're not on my ipod. I don't have one. All my kids have mp4 players and I guarantee they aren't on them.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

"pretty damned stout" = exasperation: you douchebag! lol