My thoughts

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
doolok

My thoughts

Post by doolok »

Lepage, first understand these are only my opinions, mere thoughts of things. I intend not to hurt or flame anyone.

I totally understand that the internet is just that..the internet. Noone can control any kind of connection problems.

With that said, heres a penny for thoughts.

First of all, I currently have the league thing going, and understand that drivers do get dumped off occasionally. But you gotta do something about it man. 14 drivers? You know in my league, we raced the winston all star race-23 drivers started..not a single problem. We had all 23 drivers race all the laps, noone disconnected. If that means you have to change whatever server your going through, try it! If it means your going to keep those extra few drivers to race the tracks, I would do it.

With that said, the way this is looking, your going to have a league just like mine right now. From 14 drivers down to 8 drivers that show up everytime. With my 2003-2004 season approaching, I am working on a system to keep all those drivers that are registered with the league coming back for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th race...all 36 events. The reason is because I want more drivers to enjoy it, which is why I dont set a qualify limit on it. I feel that if you spend the time practicing all week, you should be at least able to race the dang track, and not let all that time go to waste.

Like i said, these are only my thoughts. No hurt intended.
lepage71

Re: My thoughts

Post by lepage71 »

What we plan to do is have the top-14 drivers qualify every race. 14 guys will be in every race. (If we find that Red's T-1 can fit 16 warp-free, that might be a limit too). So there will be no chance of the field dwindling to a smaller number. And we have set it up so that no driver goes without racing one week.

Also, I know that 23 drivers can be done, but the fact is at the all-star race, yes...23 drivers were in the race, but only the top-10 got a legitimate start. The back 13 were flung all over the place. It was also run in normal mode. The cars had less opportunity to go out of control on the grid at the green flag. Imagine the chaos if that was hardcore mode. Cars would have been spinning, flipping, and the like. Drivers were disconnected, I know it firsthand, because when I sat on the infield during one of the races, I lost the connection.

Heat is getting to be an old game and it doesn't have the huge multiplayer code of the newer NR2002 and NR2003 games. Running 20+ a race is not an option in any server. We have seen it over and over again.

It is true that you may work on a track for a week and miss the show. That is part of the disappointment aspect of racing. But we have ensured that everyone will get to run a race each and every week no matter what the circumstances are.

No hard feelings taken, but all but one in the server last night feel this is a solid plan and a good way to run the rest of the year.

Edited by: lepage71 at: 2/23/03 5:47:14 pm
doolok

Re: My thoughts

Post by doolok »

Lepage,

Although i have fun racing with you sometimes (when im beatin ya..LOL) on IRF, I feel that I have time only to concentrate fully on the league I currently operate.

Therefore, I am withdrawing from your league and all associations with it. I feel my thoughts and opinions towards this league can be applied towards a better league operation, and will use your experience for just that.

Thanks for the time.