What the front page failed to mention...

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
d3efan

What the front page failed to mention...

Post by d3efan »

I haven't seen a penalty list like the one at Tally in a long time. I was running in the top 5 the whole first run (and it doesn't bother me I wasn't mentioned, what, you don't like me anymore Pager?) but when I was pitting, I mean right after crossing the line, the 17 car punted me into the grass after he bounced off the wall! I think you may have been speeding. I actually recovered from that and was back in the top 5 when, I went to slow to pit again the 13 car (who we just put a lap down) punted me into the inside wall! I couldn't recover from that one. It's ok to get some draft practice but it's better to leave a car lenth between you and the guy in front I've found, you get more speed that way than right up against his bumper. It looked like you were even thinking about making a pass on me. What would that have proved? Also, when it's around time to pit ya gotta look for the pppppppppp, which i clearly displayed on the backstretch and D3efan is labeled across the back of the car.

Subbing doesn't give you a free pass to act crazy. I realize stuff happens, but come on now. When I first started in this league a least I didn't try to mix it up too much with the leaders and tried to stay out of everyone's way! Especially laps down. When I see a penalty list like that (blatant disregard for the rules) I wonder what folks are thinking. Enough said on that, just be more careful please.

And here's a gripe for the admins. I lost alot of points (again) not getting a sub at Dover. Scroo got a sub? I thought there was an unwritten policy that subs go in the order of points? And where did all the new subs come from this week?

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm not too mad at anyone really, and not trying to pick a fight, just be more careful next time please.
efgordon

Re: What the front page failed to mention...

Post by efgordon »

i lost control of my car (17) d3fan, i am sorry.
Skoty Speed

Post by Skoty Speed »

The 17 car was penalized for hitting you on your first pit. Hitting the wall slowed him just enough that he wasn't speeding though. The second incident you mentioned I completely missed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Skoty

P.S. We try to find subs for guys in the order in which they tell us they won't be there. Thats always been our policy.
Simple solution would be to line one up yourself. That's the only way to be sure you will have a sub.

Edited by: Skoty Speed at: 10/6/04 5:01 pm
EagleKeeper

good post

Post by EagleKeeper »

lol great post D3! I haven't read a good one like that in a long time. But..... don't be to wishful about getting a sub. I don't know if you read my post in the "Subs" forum..... but in the last two races.... my subs have combined for a total of 70 penalty points .... which, in both cases, gave me fewer points than guys that were scored with a DNR (Did Not Race). I'd be better off showing up..... running one lap and pulling over. lol
d3efan

Re: good post

Post by d3efan »

Wow, yeah Eagle, that's what I was trying to say too lol. I just read the post. Apology accepted man. I too have lost control pitting on occasion . I remember a time when after most races apologies were posted immediately and then things went back to normal. This year I see alot more folks trying to get a good finishing spot in the points and tempers can really flare sometimes. Real people, real feelings. What a concept. I also hope that more Busch series guys would hang around IRF on Saturday nites to see if they can get in on a Cup event. Efgordon does, and he's kicked butt! Good job bud.
lepage71

Post by lepage71 »

I did find a sub for you at Dover, d3. Eagle left at the last minute and hijacked the sub...so blame him . As Back Row said, it is better to find a sub oneself than to rely on one of the league officials.
rookiesrock8

Post by rookiesrock8 »

What do you mean D3 about more Busch drivers. Busch drivers have won the last 3 Cup events. Last week there were app. 5 subs. A full field of 16 drivers competed. Next thing you know you'll want them to qualify for ya too. J/K. If you don't want to gamble with the penalty issue than just send an email to the officials as soon as you can and you'll get last place plus one. If your the 1st to send one. So there's another form of racing. To be the 1st to notify the admin. Eagle I think you and I should be grateful for our place in points with all the subs we've had. 4 drivers have a combined sub total of 37 drivers. I for one thank everyone and anyone who has or plans on driving my car. Not sure what the point is but it's still fun lol.

BBFF member
d3efan

Post by d3efan »

Eagle, Eagle, Eagle...sigh. lol I don't mind the busch subs winning as long as it's in my car! What I meant, and Im not knocking a good new driver, is that Im seeing alot of new faces lately. But I just looked at the busch standings and it looks like only the cup drivers there come to the races anymore. Starting to look like a Cup II league. We could be losing folks to NR2003 Season. Perhaps its time (dare I say it?) to change the format for next year? Not my place to say, but, NR2003 is a good sim too.