friday or saturday racing???? (nov 25th or 26th)

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
EagleKeeper

friday or saturday racing???? (nov 25th or 26th)

Post by EagleKeeper »

hey..... just wondering if anyone was off for the hollidays and wanted to get away from the whole family thingy for an hour or so.
**i was thinking of hosting a Homestead Miami race on either friday or saturday evenings (nov 25th or 26th)
**all truck, busch, and cup drivers are welcome (although i'm only expecting about 6-10 due to the holidays and short notice).
**the races will be named "The Turkey-Jibblett 25's"
**there will be 2-3 25 lap races.... one right after the other.

i just need some feed back to see which night would be best. and what time would be best.
also..... we could even run it on sunday if that's better.

i just was looking for some racing and figured this would be the best way to get the fellas togehter.
let me know

rookiesrock8

Re: friday or saturday racing???? (nov 25th or 26th)

Post by rookiesrock8 »

Sounds like fun. There's an IORS league race for some of us @9pmcst. After that or saturday looks good for me. This is the last weekend I'll be able to race till xmas so I need some. I

Edited by: rookiesrock8 at: 11/25/05 3:30 pm
efgordon

Re: friday or saturday racing???? (nov 25th or 26th)

Post by efgordon »

I'll keep an eye out on irf tonight and tommorrow

maybe we can mix in some ai to get a big field? ha

jesus is the defending champion of the "Easter Egg 50"

ha ha ha
doZer2442

re

Post by doZer2442 »

I'm in
EagleKeeper

Re: "The Turkey Jibblet 25's"

Post by EagleKeeper »

ummm...... ok, i'll just throw a time up here and see if it's cool with everyone>>>

how's 8pm eastern on Saturday night sound?
i don't know if i can host still. i used to use IRF version 2.4.0 to host in the past. I haven't hosted on the new IRF server yet and i don't know if i'm able to. but.... i'll try to show up early and get it all situated. unless someone else would like to host.
EK
bover907

Post by bover907 »

I've tried, and still been unable to host regular heat with 2.4.3

Maybe Dozer can call duster and get him to host, or if Duster reads this. I can post my ip on ventrilo/irf, and stuff if I need to host and peeps can just join via ip if I end up hosting.

I'm up for around 8 so far as I know. Kinda jonesing right now lol

Bover907
--------------------
kyle4445

Post by kyle4445 »

count me in
doZer2442

re: Gibblet 500

Post by doZer2442 »

8pm est is good for me... i'm gettin out of work around 6... so if noone can host i can switch one of Duster's servers over to regular heat
efgordon

Re: re: Gibblet 500

Post by efgordon »

i might be just a few mins late.

i am taking my son to a yu-gi-oh tournament tonight, and they usually end around 7-730 and its about a 40 minute drive.

not that you need to wait around for me, but wins with me in the race are alot more prestegious than wins with me not around... ha ha ha

cyaz when i cyaz

EagleKeeper

Re: re: Gibblet 25's

Post by EagleKeeper »

sounds great!
I love it when a plan comes together

here's the plan:
-start time: 8pm easterrn (i will try to be there earlier)
-race realism: HardCore
-race wear: 4X
-race length: 3 seperate 25 lap races
(note: if everyone isn't cool w/ 25 laps we can change this to another length)
-all other rules will be the same as NHRL league rules
-as posted above... it looks as if Dozer will have one of Duster's servers up and running for the events.
-this is not a league event and is not for points. just for the fun of it. but try to be curtious and race clean to make it a pleasant experience for all.
-I'm thinking we will also qualify for each event

**we will try to start on time..... so show up a little bit early to be sure you make it into the first 25 lapper.
**if you show up late.... just chime in.... say hi.... and get ready for the second 25 lapper.
**if you wreck out..... just keep on trucking (racin) and practice for the 2nd and/or 3rd 25 lapper.

hope to see a decent # of racers there. I know not all drivers use the forums... so if you see a fellow racer sometime today online..... spread the word about the races.

EK

Edited by: EagleKeeper at: 11/26/05 1:52 pm
EagleKeeper

Post by EagleKeeper »

lol.... EF hurry home
chances are good we will start a little late anyway.....
we always do
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Will be there if I can get DSL up and working again sometime soon!! This dialup stuff is for the birds!!! LOL