Retirement

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
efgordon
League Member

Retirement

Post by efgordon »

Its been a real good run over the last year or so, but its time to hang'em up!

Good Bye Nascar Thrushmaster!

better than the sidewinder, cheaper than the momo, and more reliable than boris on a road course. Many victories I owe to this wonderful sim racing wheel.

if it only had pedals that could take the heat!

thats right man, all you guys out there with all that expensive equipment must feel pretty bad right now looking at my setup! LOL

I can blow through the springs in the pedals of a new set in just a couple of months, and this most recent one i got was used, so i had to make some modifications. I went through 4 bands in the first half of the season until duct taped all the sharp edges. lol. As you can see, I only broke through 2 of the 4 over the 2nd half of the season.

see those long screws? they really dig down deap into the carpet to prevent slipage. slipage is bad!

The Thrustmaster is no longer available, unless I buy it used.

R.I.P Thrustmaster Pro Digital 2
WildFire
Forum Member

Post by WildFire »

Man you weren't kidding when you told me about your rubber bands holding it together. lmao.. I have some extra pedals lying around if u want them.
Etab
League Member

Post by Etab »

I've had my wheel since early 2001, and is working fine (I think). Pedals are really squeaky though.

Good luck on getting a new wheel, I guess the really good drivers wear them down pretty fast. :lol:
Steve aka Etab
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

After seeing those pedals,i have decided to tear apart my new ones to see if i can run up front with the big dogs.Thats got to be the problem my equipment is too new! EF you got some extra rubber bands i can use and are those just ordinary screws or do i need to get special ones. lol later man Stick
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

that is so funny about breaking the springs.i broke the spring on my gas pedal saturday practicing for homestead.tore them babies apart sunday and took the brake spring and put it on the gas pedal and improvised on the brake pedal repair also.lol
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I too have done plenty of Thrustmaster Surgery in the past. lol, I never documented it though.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image