Cup Race @ Pocono

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Cup Series.
Petty43
League Member

Cup Race @ Pocono

Post by Petty43 »

Hey Guys.
Just wanted to say for my first race officially racing in this league, I had a blast racing all of you. Racing is fun when you have other drivers like yourself who want to be the best on the track. Not just being fast, but also drivers who know how to race against other people. I was pissed off for about 2 hours after the race last nite...How the hell did i use all that fuel at the end while running up front in 4th place the first half of the race. But then again, I downloaded Pocono the couple days before the race, so i really didn't get enough Practice in. Went in a little blindfolded, thought i knew my fuel milage, i was wrong. I am pleased with my finish though, since that was the first time I raced Hardcore Pocono. Not bad i guess. Since i have been subbing, and last nite raced for myself as a FREE AGENT. I have 3 finishes of 8th. First two races starting from Provisional spot. I hope i can better that coming up here at Bristol. So all you guys with Teams who are looking for a driver, I AM available. Who wants me on their team? Shall we start the bidding war to see who wants Petty43? lol. Later All.
Petty43
P.S. Good Win, and Great Race at Pocono last nite.
P.S.S My tex file is now on the car cup list. car44 tex.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Interview

Post by Rookiesrock »

:newspaper :newspaper
Why do you want to join a team?
What are your expectations of a team?
What are your expectations of teammates?
How long have you been sim racing? Heat?
How old are you?
You use a wheel right?
bover907
League Administrator

Re: Cup Race @ Pocono

Post by bover907 »

Don't hold back, Rook! LMAO
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

Here, I got one for you. This is what I kept hearing:

Who's MB2?
Who's MB2?
Who's MB2?
Must be MB1's son, I guess
Who's MB1?

MB2 is me. GFN-Murray, Real name Murray Bonzono II, So I just go by the name of MB2 to save space. I had a guy (H8er) with me there at Pocono, it got a little confusing. We could've subbed for at least 3 different drivers, but decided to just bow out. I didn't want to end up raking in penalties subbing for a guy that doesn't know me from Adam. We are used to racing the COT mod in Normal and Expert mode, that Hardcore mode was a bit slippery so we was better off just waiting until we get better. Our memberships are filled out, I hope that H8er and myself will be racing with you guys in Bristol. Thanks for the time.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Welcome MB2. Were you in an Aussie league?

Bover, I was conducting an interview with Petty.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

MB2 and H8er; Have you guys officially sent an email to join the league? If not I suggest you do, so you can get officially tested by one of us admins. This isnt a show up and run league, one has to be apporved first.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Rookiesrock wrote::newspaper :newspaper
How old are you?
You use a wheel right?
Why a Team: So i can share information on setups, and not be one car.
Expectations: A team who just wants to run up front for wins.
Teammate Expectations: Want me as their teammate, and for teammates to share information with to become a better racer/race team as a whole.
Running Heat: Been running Heat a total of 7 years. Raced at IRF for at least 3 years.
Wheel: Yes. Force Feedback.
Petty43
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Alright another midwesterner! I'm in MPLS. Most the other guys are from the "other" side of the Mississippi. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: Cabbage soup and parsnip pie

Post by GFN-Murray »

Reef: Easy big feller, we're not tryin' to slip mickies or anything, lol. We know it's not a show up and run league. We also know that this league is the closest thing to the REAL thing than any other league out there, including our own. I've known lepage71 for a few short years now, he's helped me out with everything from painting to dedicated server stuff and everything in between. We (our league, GFN) are slowly moving away from the "dirt" Heat mods, so we thought a few of us would try our spin with the NHRL. Us two, me and H8er, we've filled out the applications, lepage71 has all that. We actually was in contact with him several hours before the race, but like I said, we just thought it was better off ducking out until we were established within the league. We're not used to so many rules either, but for you guys I think it's all worth it. We had a minor setback with actual car numbers, but I think I have that straightened out, I'll have to wait until we're contacted about that. Late Wednesday or Thursday night we'll be in to do some laps with whoever is in the server, and we'll come into Vent, too. It's gonna be a huge learning curve for us, especially the Hardcore mode deal, but we have a few goals and this looks like the best place to do it. So just call us Toyota and slap us silly! LMAO Thanks man.
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: Lebanon Bologna Samiches

Post by GFN-Murray »

Rookiesrock: Aussie League? No. A few half-assed leagues? Yes. I hope that all changes now, lol.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Well the only reason i said what i did, was that a few asked several times in the server who you guys were, we didnt get any answer, in game or on vent. When guys show up on race night and see new faces with no explaination, it gets touchy especially at tracks like pocono and memphis. We werent pickin on ya, just concerned. I wasnt aware of you bein in contact with Lepage before the race, he didnt pop in until late in the going.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

You have to forgive Reef's preoccupation with adult downloads; when I messaged him on AOL about everything, he didn't see the message since so many windows were open. Actually, although everything about Reef remains true, I was away most of Saturday and wasn't able to tell anyone else about your potential subbing. The administrators have no idea about who is missing a race when such drivers do not post on the forum. So, it comes to the last moment like Saturday in the server. I was trying to clarify things for 5 different subs while checking who was or was not in the server; certain subs kept entering and exiting the server, it was a zoo. The point of the story: unless you see a post about someone missing a race, assume there is no one to sub for.

As for your memberships, if you do some laps with Reef, Skoty Speed, or I at some point, we'd get an idea about your driving level. If you haven't yet, read the basic explanation about expectations of new drivers on the signup page. For right now, the best thing you and H8er can do is practice with our current members during weekdays. We sometimes ask drivers to give feedback about applicants that have been racing in there (such as the case with Petty43 recently) and that also helps us gauge where you're at.
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: hucklebuck

Post by GFN-Murray »

Ok, it all sounds pretty reasonable. I was going to answer one time when someone asked who MB2 was, but then I heard some kinda comment about the name, something about what kind of name is that, and figured it was best not to talk at all then. Believe me Reef, I know what you mean about getting messed up by new drivers at places like Pocono and Memphis and what not. We used to have to worry about new drivers (in NORMAL mode) messing us up at places like Darlington and Michigan. I posted way before race time that we'd jump out before the feature if it looked like we'd throw a wrench in the race. Are the numbers I picked ok, lepage71? Damn it, I guess I have to redownload AIM if I want to catch you, lol. Oh, about our driving level? Well for right now you can say we pretty much suck in Hardcore mode 'cause we're only turning like 15.40's-50's at Bristol and you guys are way stupid fast, almost(if not) in the high 14's. We got awhile till the Bristol race, we'll catch you guys in the server a few times before then.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Petty43 wrote:
Rookiesrock wrote::newspaper :newspaper
How old are you?
You use a wheel right?
Why a Team: So i can share information on setups, and not be one car.
Expectations: A team who just wants to run up front for wins.
Teammate Expectations: Want me as their teammate, and for teammates to share information with to become a better racer/race team as a whole.
Running Heat: Been running Heat a total of 7 years. Raced at IRF for at least 3 years.
Wheel: Yes. Force Feedback.
Petty43
I really liked your answers and expectations!! I don't usually get online that often in the evenings cuz I have a very hectic work schedule between traveling and etc. Most of the time I do most of my practicing offline or right after work. But how about we hop online and run some laps at some of the tracks that are coming up on the schedule...

In my humble opinion I think my two teammates are the best in the business!! :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

I was the one who asked "who is mb2?"

why? because i didnt know who mb2 was

I was also the one who responded to the smartass statement "he is mb1's son" with "who is mb1?" :roll:

why? because i didnt know who mb1 was

I am always the last to know anything around here so i end up asking alot of stupid questions. its all good though, i didnt mean anything by it or anything.

Good Luck!
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: all kinds of little bumpy things

Post by GFN-Murray »

efgordon: I am actually the son of "MB1" so to speak. He's not an online racer though. I'm 34 so that puts him as older than dirt, I don't talk to him, basically he doesn't exist and I'm stuck with the name. Anyway, I look forward to you putting some laps on us at Bristol.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

GFN-Murray wrote:efgordon: I am actually the son of "MB1" so to speak. He's not an online racer though. I'm 34 so that puts him as older than dirt, I don't talk to him, basically he doesn't exist and I'm stuck with the name. Anyway, I look forward to you putting some laps on us at Bristol.

fwiw - i am a 3rd (arthur marvin fowler iii) and my son is carrying on the name as the 4th (iv)

i hope i live long enough to spend time with the 5th. ha!

good luck at bristol. i may or may not even show up. i am nothing but a big wreck magnet now and it has taken all the fun out of it. i havent touched my game since the last lap at pocono either.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

efgordon wrote:
GFN-Murray wrote:efgordon: I am actually the son of "MB1" so to speak. He's not an online racer though. I'm 34 so that puts him as older than dirt, I don't talk to him, basically he doesn't exist and I'm stuck with the name. Anyway, I look forward to you putting some laps on us at Bristol.

fwiw - i am a 3rd (arthur marvin fowler iii) and my son is carrying on the name as the 4th (iv)

i hope i live long enough to spend time with the 5th. ha!

good luck at bristol. i may or may not even show up. i am nothing but a big wreck magnet now and it has taken all the fun out of it. i havent touched my game since the last lap at pocono either.

EF.. Buckle up bro, your in the hunt for a championship!! Do not give up now!! Who am I suppose to chase after on the track during practices, or at races. Now give your computer a swift kick.. and sit down and get your ass in gear!! Dude I tried running for a championship last season, I never gave up, I did win one in a different heat league and one in an Nr2003 league.. So don't even think about giving up!! now move your ass!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

thanks watty piper

upon further review i think i can make the bristol race and shurly you must be taking me too seriously.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

efgordon wrote:thanks watty piper

upon further review i think i can make the bristol race and shurly you must be taking me too seriously.
99 percent of the time your just being funny and sarcastic on the forums. But gotta doublecheck and make sure you keep racing!! :grin: