CTS Martinsville

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
Rookiesrock
League Member

CTS Martinsville

Post by Rookiesrock »

RACE RESULTS

Track: Martinsville
Laps: 125
Realism: Hardcore
AI Strength: Medium
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 811 Rookiesrock 42:56.213 19.553 80
2 306 DavisV +10.924 19.649 27
3 66 adamj +1L 19.631 15
4 349 CR49 +1L 19.729 0
5 86 retroracer +2L 19.768 0
6 871 lepage71 +2L 19.597 0
7 305 Donaldson +2L 19.721 1
8 542 kyle +3L 19.725 0
9 346 Big Mike +3L 19.819 0
10 52 d3efan +4L 19.710 0
11 648 Reef +4L 19.693 0
12 777 Stick77 +6L 19.686 0
13 872 Skoty Speed +8L 19.790 0
14 3 Grove +10L 19.966 0
15 396 Jes Rathbun +12L 19.983 0
16 547 Ramrock47 +21L 19.854 0
17 22 PJ +25L 20.171 0
18 200 YGM_Jesse +27L 19.932 0
19 91 YGM_Diesel +51L 20.459 0
20 933 H8er +123L 33.494 0
21 159 TyMac DNF 20.053 0
22 43 Petty43 DNF 19.707 0
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Re: CTS Martinsville

Post by Jes Rathbun »

=D> [-o< nice win ROOKIE :santahat
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

great win rookie you were flying out there tonight..

thanks everyone had a blast racing with you guys in my first martinsville experience.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Darn! Looks like you guys had a pretty fun race.

I was late getting home due to this icy storm starting up. (even with AWD, she was pretty tight in /loose up off driving home, lol :shock: ) That's what happens when u only get home normally 20-30 min before race start time anyway.

We'll have to try again next time.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

We definitely missed you Bover. And Donaldson congrats on your pole. Great job! Gather around kiddys for Uncle Rooks postrace wrapup. Todays commentary won't involve preaching like last weeks.
The only ounce of pleasure I have from the Martinsville race is the fact that I crossed the finish line first. The racing was in no way pleasurable. I could feel the frustration level building for weeks amongst most drivers. I'm not happy about the manner in which I raced. I took took took took. What little I gave was table scraps. One driver commented before the race that he was banking on attrition. And others were wondering out loud "why practice". That's not the racing I'm accustomed to in this league. I want to race door to door and earn a spot from great racing not from "surviving". When drivers start planning on a wreckfest, then a wreckfest will happen. I enjoy the large fields but they are not worth the cost of good racing. I want to hear the chat room full of good stories about the different battles for position. Not the complaining since there were no good battles. I see drivers out there that I have no idea how well they can compete, without getting caught up in a wreck. I remember every time I hit the wall or another driver. Some guys are hitting things so much I doubt they remember. Which is sad. :sad:
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Ryan, congrats on your Pole! cya tomorrow night!!.. Rook congrats on your win!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

The race results are already complete and posted on the home page. Terrific job by Reef, Skoty and Lepage with the prompt results. There is some interesting reading in the penalty part of the page.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

I didnt see anything about Martinsville :shock:
Ramrock47
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

From the home page click CTS and on that page you can view the results.
http://nhrl.net/series/cts/2008/results/3.shtml
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Wow some pretty hefty penalties there. I have to say thanks for getting everything up so fast. While I'm sure racing could have been better I still can't complain this week. I had alot of fun racing with Retro and Petty in the early stages of the race. I also can't believe all the damage I had my truck was still pretty much just as good as starting the race. Had to figure out the braking a little bit but it still didn't change the handle much. It was enough I wasn't running top speed laps(not that they were really needed anyway),but still fairly smooth and consistent.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Rookiesrock wrote:From the home page click CTS and on that page you can view the results.
http://nhrl.net/series/cts/2008/results/3.shtml
yea I know about that,.. I was talking about the rules and precedures part of the forums where you can post at. And I agree with CR Wow some pretty hefty penalties there.
Ramrock47
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

First I would like to give my congrats to Donaldson I believe he's a member of the New Age Outlaws, who have showed some poise early in the season. Second to Rookie for his win. We all want one sometime Heh Heh. Third, I would like to apologize to Lepage and Tymac for my impatience on the race track, also for not being a smart racer in which i've always tried to pride myself on. So to the entire league, and my teammates, it was my fault, and i am sorry. Fourth the racing with retro and CR49 was some good stuff that is what it's all about is having some close, clean, respectable driving going on.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Shouldn't several dangerous driving penalties, along with two intentional crashing penalties and a leauge suspension disqualify a person from receiving the Die Hard award, or any award for that matter? :-k

The only award that guy should win is the :clubber award.

Heck, maybe I'm glad I didn't get home in time. The fact that some (virtually never penalized) drivers are receiving some pretty hard penalties here goes to show that the influx of riff-raff is bringing down the overall discipline, and therefore the overall quality of the NHRL Racing experience. So I ask, where are we getting these guys from? By the time all these wreckers get their indefinite suspensions, we'll be down to the base core of 13 drivers the league has been made of for the past couple years. So what's the point?

Are any of these guys going to be around by the time we start the Cup and GNS seasons? I commend rookies like Petty43 and one or two others for being good clean racers, and sticking this stuff out. As far as the rest? I suggest we get rid of them before they bring about the eventual downfall of the league. If you think it can't happen, look at IORS, or whatever that league came to be called in 2006.

Another thing? How come we see no forum posts from these idoits? They have no defense for their behavior? Again, a clue to me that they don't even belong. Like I said in the Dover Post, I leave it to them to prove me wrong. (Unfortunately, the storm didn't let me get home from the jail in time, or I would have seen for myself) I'm sure I'll be home from work in time next week.

Found this after typing the above.
T1_Jesse, in Dover Penalties wrote:Sorry guys, i am learning, Cya next week in Martinsville.

Martinsvile = 8-[ Scary too
If Driving is that hard, or that scary, maybe one would need a different hobby. If some of what we are intrerpreting as blatant 'assholeness' is just that much of a lack in skills, then the offender is not ready for online racing in this league, or any league for that matter. Who's testing these guys?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

why did i get a penalty? i never hit diesel i just intimidated him up the track. he was in my way so i ran right behind him on the very bottom of the track down the straight and made it look like i was gonna cream him and he ran all the way up the track trying to get away from me, intimidation shouldnt get me a penalty! oh well
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

During the last three CTS events, we have witnessed the following:

1) certain rookies who tested reasonably well melting down under the pressure of large fields
2) certain rookies who were given three strikes to improve not demonstrating much progress
3) certain experienced drivers ignoring the rules regarding patience and making the rookie problem much, much worse

I have to say, at both Dover Downs and Martinsville, several "veterans" had pretty poor performances. This does not diminish the rookie-crashing problem, but it does reveal that, to a limited extent, the chaos in the past races is a group effort. In addition, when already-shaky rookies are getting dive-bombed lap after lap at Martinsville (see penalties list), I don't see how that helps matters. Experienced drivers know better than this. I don't think anyone is going to argue about several rookies being hazardous, but appropriate measures are being taken against their lack of control. Contrary to the falsely-propagated suggestion that we're "letting things go," the rookies have been monitored from race to race. After Martinsville it became clear that at least a couple rookies have shown zero improvement and continued disregard for rules. All other comments about the "lack of quality racing" are simply meaningless bluster; after three consecutive chances, certain offenders are taking a seat for awhile. I point to Martinsville, where one veteran intentionally wrecked Grove of all drivers...rookie frustration contributed to this, but how can we only focus on the rookies when stuff like this is happening? Again, certain veterans have had very sullied, aggressive races that have contributed to the wreck fiestas.

Yes, a couple individuals at Martinsville were terribly off control-wise. One rookie even started intentionally wrecking out of frustration or madness or all of the above. After reasonable chances to improve were given, penalties and suspensions have followed. However, after we looked through the replay, we recognized just how bad some of the driving from experienced drivers was. Under no circumstances does this dismiss the rookie wrecking, but it does "cheapen" any complaints about them. So I encourage all drivers to follow the league rules and allow us to deal with the problematic rookies; don't try to take care of them in your own ways by general, aggressive driving.

Given the measures that have been taken, I believe Brands Hatch will be a much different affair than the previous three events.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Don't let this happen to you...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:During the last three CTS events, we have witnessed the following:

1) certain rookies who tested reasonably well melting down under the pressure of large fields
2) certain rookies who were given three strikes to improve not demonstrating much progress
3) certain experienced drivers ignoring the rules regarding patience and making the rookie problem much, much worse

I have to say, at both Dover Downs and Martinsville, several "veterans" had pretty poor performances. This does not diminish the rookie-crashing problem, but it does reveal that, to a limited extent, the chaos in the past races is a group effort. In addition, when already-shaky rookies are getting dive-bombed lap after lap at Martinsville (see penalties list), I don't see how that helps matters. Experienced drivers know better than this. I don't think anyone is going to argue about several rookies being hazardous, but appropriate measures are being taken against their lack of control. Contrary to the falsely-propagated suggestion that we're "letting things go," the rookies have been monitored from race to race. After Martinsville it became clear that at least a couple rookies have shown zero improvement and continued disregard for rules. All other comments about the "lack of quality racing" are simply meaningless bluster; after three consecutive chances, certain offenders are taking a seat for awhile. I point to Martinsville, where one veteran intentionally wrecked Grove of all drivers...rookie frustration contributed to this, but how can we only focus on the rookies when stuff like this is happening? Again, certain veterans have had very sullied, aggressive races that have contributed to the wreck fiestas.

Yes, a couple individuals at Martinsville were terribly off control-wise. One rookie even started intentionally wrecking out of frustration or madness or all of the above. After reasonable chances to improve were given, penalties and suspensions have followed. However, after we looked through the replay, we recognized just how bad some of the driving from experienced drivers was. Under no circumstances does this dismiss the rookie wrecking, but it does "cheapen" any complaints about them. So I encourage all drivers to follow the league rules and allow us to deal with the problematic rookies; don't try to take care of them in your own ways by general, aggressive driving.

Given the measures that have been taken, I believe Brands Hatch will be a much different affair than the previous three events.
i have a suggestion. it wont help you now, but maybe next year or some other year.

1. Cap the number of TRUE rookies for any single series.

2. When you get alot of rookies who all want to join in the same season, make a rookie division

3. Allow good performance in the rookie division to qualify for other league races

4. Have a nice day!

efstein, alfred f
adamj
League Member

Post by adamj »

[quote="lepage71"]have to say, at both Dover Downs and Martinsville, several "veterans" had pretty poor performances. This does not diminish the rookie-crashing problem, but it does reveal that, to a limited extent, the chaos in the past races is a group effort. In addition, when already-shaky rookies are getting dive-bombed lap after lap at Martinsville (see penalties list), I don't see how that helps matters.quote]

well i guess i may have dive bombed a few times, i can see your point. the nhrl i was used to seemed to handle this better than today's group of drivers. all said though anyone who made it through that race with less than 2 laps down did a great job in driving. and i did get a chance to run side by side with rook and davis for a few laps so i still had fun. see yall at brands hatch
LOD # 66 busch
# 42 cup
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

I'll have to give a pat on the back to both CR49 and Petty43,both for noticing how well the 3 of us did race,with alot of give and take,and also for being smart enough to realize it was early in the race.Even knowing how important track position was gonna be , all three of us must have been on the same page,that page being,track position aint worth much if you wreck each other trying to maintain it.I would like to go back and look at the replay and see how many positions the 3 of us exchanged,and to the best of my knowledge without any contact.And Petty I have had my eye on you ,you are running very well,keep up the good work.
And AdamJ dont being showing up at just the races you wanna run and using your dive bombing,intimidating mentality!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Lmao @ retro... CR49 isn't a rookie, but a past veteran just out of retirement.

As far as Petty43 is concerned? He is the model that the other rookies should follow. My nomination for the R.O.Y. award. If he wasn't eligible in 07, definately my fantasy pick for R.O.Y. in '08.
lepage71 wrote:I have to say, at both Dover Downs and Martinsville, several "veterans" had pretty poor performances. All other comments about the "lack of quality racing" are simply meaningless bluster; after three consecutive chances, certain offenders are taking a seat for awhile. I point to Martinsville, where one veteran intentionally wrecked Grove of all drivers...rookie frustration contributed to this, but how can we only focus on the rookies when stuff like this is happening? Again, certain veterans have had very sullied, aggressive races that have contributed to the wreck fiestas.

Well, better late then Never.

IMO, the VERY UNCHARACTERISTIC behavior of many veterans, is drivers with the same perception I had when typing the previous post taking matters in their own hands to rectify what to them appeared to be a 'winless' situation.

I am glad you cleared this up. Now, some otherwise very classy veterans with impecable track records won't have to resort to feeling the need to take matters into their own hands. I might add that it may not have been vigilanteism, but the natural "Kill or be killed" instinct coming thru. That can be explained by the text in my earlier post.

Note: this has been edited at least three times lmao.
Last edited by bover907 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image