Looking for Site Suggestions

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

Looking for Site Suggestions

Post by lepage71 »

For the first time in a long time, we're close to re-launching the website as we originally envisioned. Over a year ago, we started working in tandem with someone outside of the league on an automated website but due to this person's other commitments the project became hopelessly stalled. Unfortunately, this created many week-to-week issues since we were still running a league, but often had no site, half of a site, or various portions of a site in existence. The administrators, however, have since taken control of our own destiny and we've been re-creating an even better site ourselves.

In the revised website, the design will look the same as before, but it will contain more pages, more stats, and more features. It will be automated from a central control panel that enables us to manage drivers, teams, courses, and also import roster, schedule, results, and standings files from within its season management area, making updates much easier, more efficient, and far more integrated across the entire website.

We'd like to hear some ideas about things that would be interesting to put on the website. We of course have many of own ideas about what we might include but we would also like to hear suggestions from everyone else. Just about anything is possible, so don't hesitate to throw something out there that seems far-fetched...

We're focusing on getting the most important stuff operational first, such as the basic series pages (roster, schedule, etc.). After that we'll add further-detailed pages like driver profiles, team profiles, pole times etc. It's going to be a work-in-progress, but we can easily add new things as we go.
Reef
League Member

Re: Looking for Site Suggestions

Post by Reef »

How bout a direct link to Uncle Ernie's stash? Image
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

i think it would be cool if each driver had their own personal page with all their lifetime NHRL stats on it, would have to dig pretty deep but it would be cool. I wanna know who has more wins lepage or rookie lol.

Also the picture on the main page should be a picture of nhrl cars instead of the computer cars
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Drivers should be able to submit a pic of their car. You could specify the size, and the driver submits. For those who don't submit?...... The dreded black sillouette. lol.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Drivers should be able to register like on the forums (using their forum name). Then they can upload car pics, maybe a driver pic, nicknames, nhrl acheivments, favorite driver, their number.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Video streams of the races, like when the champion for that week gets his car snapshot on there, make a video compilation. Im sure there will have to be limits on this, so there isnt just a bunch of random garbage on there. Any takers who are well expierenced in making clips and whatnot?
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

I would have been glad to help out with your site coding, but it sounds like your learning/doing it yourself which is great! Cant wait to see it!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

I remember when I was first getting into the league, there would be a write up about each race on the site...it'd be cool to see those return
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

I'm with donaldson and jrfan,drivers bio page and a story about each race.Preferably not written by the liberal media press we read every day,Barack would be the winner of every race whether he entered or not.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Instead of the same news story being on the main page. We really need to have weekly sensitive news top the page. Not always the cup winner, but whichever race was the best/most exciting that week.

Like "Bover Dominates and Wins at Pocono!"

Ahhh shit. I just woke up! :( but... you get my point. :grin:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

Like "Bover Dominates and Wins at Pocono!"

This isn't a fantasy league.... :jester
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Yes, a return of the longer, more filled in race recap. Complete with vids (pics) would be cool too. A hard task but someone with writing ability could try it. Perhaps the recap could be derived from driver post-race interviews which could be a separate forum section: Driver Post Race Interviews. So anyone with comments (and there should be plenty) can pretend they are responding to questions, example:

Skoty, after being D3'd (won't let that one go for awhile man lol), emerging from the in-field care center: "Yeah, I really shouldn't have stuck my nose in there to begin with. Really hate it for the #3 team. I'll try to be more careful in the future." Or words to that effect. lol
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

d3efan wrote:Yes, a return of the longer, more filled in race recap. Complete with vids (pics) would be cool too. A hard task but someone with writing ability could try it. Perhaps the recap could be derived from driver post-race interviews which could be a separate forum section: Driver Post Race Interviews. So anyone with comments (and there should be plenty) can pretend they are responding to questions, example:

Skoty, after being D3'd (won't let that one go for awhile man lol), emerging from the in-field care center: "Yeah, I really shouldn't have stuck my nose in there to begin with. Really hate it for the #3 team. I'll try to be more careful in the future." Or words to that effect. lol
That's a great idea having a place on the on the new site were Driver's could write there "post-race interviews, and have one person kinda be in charge of compling the data, then sending it into the admins to have it put on the main page of the site. Also when u do a screenshot of the winners car for the main page of the site, how about doing it like a magazine cover. Kinda how Reef use to do it for legends back in 2005.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

i like daves idea
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i like daves ide to and the magazine cover is a grate ide to :grin: :grin: :grin:
a voice recorder talk about the 1st 2nd and 3rd place would be cool to if any one knows how to
i just thought it might be some thing to think about
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

I like the idea of the magazine cover, I still have the originals if needed somewhere round here. Having a place to put post race interviews on the main site, I'd shy away from. Only reason being is that it will most likely end up being a "bitch box" so to speak. We already have that sort of thing, its called the forums. I would like to keep that kind of stuff off the main site. Maybe post your interviews in the forums and if they are worthy enough for site publication, then yes we could transfer them over, but a place for everyone to post on the site IMO is a bad idea.

Just my 2 cents
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Reef wrote:I like the idea of the magazine cover, I still have the originals if needed somewhere round here. Having a place to put post race interviews on the main site, I'd shy away from. Only reason being is that it will most likely end up being a "bitch box" so to speak. We already have that sort of thing, its called the forums. I would like to keep that kind of stuff off the main site. Maybe post your interviews in the forums and if they are worthy enough for site publication, then yes we could transfer them over, but a place for everyone to post on the site IMO is a bad idea.

Just my 2 cents
Cool, I hope you still have those magazine stuff around, those were real cool. What I was trying to suggest for the main page, is kinda something Eaglekeeper did years back.. When we can get to the archive stuff I'll point it out to ya. Would never want a bitch box to happen. Shit we have enough of that on here. LOL. What I mean is something where everyone can contribute there side by side racing recap of there own race. Dosen't matter if you were racing upfront, mid back or having a great battle with someone running a lap down. It's just fun to read about everyones race... just my 2 cents.
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

davie got good ide there to i like to read about good races
i got back to replays just to see some grate racing but takes lot time just looking
for them reading them would be better then looking for them on a replay
at least it can be pictured when reading it
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Race summaries just ain't going to happen. It takes alot of time and research each race with sometimes 2 or 3 a weekend. It was also one of my favorite things in years past. Unless we can find someone to write them i believe they are extinct.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

I think NHRL needs something along the lines of this for race recapping..be sure to click on watch in high quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVFjPkYvoE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy9n7j-WMck

Would be fun to watch and see things that you didn't get to see driving your car.